PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-15-2009, 7:15 PM
Friday May 15, 2009

GOOD MORNING...ER AFTERNOON "CREEKERS"!

This is my story and I'm sticking to it. I awoke late this morning and I was scheduled to make a run for a local car dealer to Owatonna, MN. I barely had time to S, S and S before heading out the door for a little jaunt of 230 miles one way. At least I got to drive a couple of really nice cars. An Impala SS and a Cadillac CTS. Just made it home around 4PM.

I will be putting the finishing touches on the flag case this weekend before delivery. Then it'll be on to another project.

What's on your agenda this weekend?

Have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl

Cary Falk
05-15-2009, 7:37 PM
I just purchased some hard maple to make a plasma tv console. It's for a good friend of mine that kept me sane while I was laid off between January and April.

Peter Quinn
05-15-2009, 8:54 PM
I put the last coat of finish on a side table for my daughters room. A quick little Shaker type thing made of mahogany I culled from the dumpster at work. Shame to see how much wood winds up in that dumpster.

Oh, my daughter was born this morning at 8:20AM, 7# 3oz, mom and baby are healthy, I'll be spending the weekend with my 2yr old son while mom recovers. We used a card board box as a side table in my son's room for the first year, I swore that wouldn't happen this time!

Matt Meiser
05-15-2009, 9:33 PM
Congrats Peter!

I'll definitely do some work on my planer. I cleaned up the last part (except for the base) which needs painting so I'll get that done. And hopefully I can get a hold of a guy nearby about getting the cabinet I'm going to mount it on sandblasted. We might go with my parents to visit some long time family friends. My mom wants me to see some things in their newly remodeled kitchen that she likes for theirs. Sometime, if its dry, I'll have to mow. And if its dry enough to lie on the ground I'll be working on adding a hitch to the back of our camper for a bike rack.

gary Zimmel
05-15-2009, 9:42 PM
Time to start getting organized to start another cradle.
Grandchild # 2 will be hear in Sept. and the way I go I will need all the time I can get.

That and doing more spring cleanup on our 10 acres.

Jim Becker
05-15-2009, 9:58 PM
I'm thinking that woodworking is toast again this weekend...equestrian activities will take up most of it with lessons on Saturday and a show on Sunday. And there is additional landscaping to do as well as mowing the lawn. And this after a week in the DC area for work. One of these days, I'll get back to the cherry buffet that is partially constructed in the shop...

Todd Burch
05-15-2009, 10:07 PM
If I can squeeze it in, I'll work on a walnut trunk / coffee table I started 5 years ago.

Todd Young
05-15-2009, 10:14 PM
LOL Todd !!!! Comforting to know that there are others that have years + projects left to complete.
May find time Sunday to build the urn boxes for my dearly departed dogs that I have been procrastinating.
Fly fishing's trumping wood working tomorrow so hopefully I'll be reeling in a bevy of 18" browns / 20" bows.

Dustin Lane
05-15-2009, 11:01 PM
With finals finally finished I hope to start putting some strips down on a kayak I started earlier this year. I cut about half the strips for the bottom earlier this week and after sneezing saw dust I decided to get a respirator. It arrived today so I plan to finish up sawing and then throwing some strips down.

However I also work third shift today and tomorrow so some things might not happen.