PDA

View Full Version : brushed aluminum skinned black ABS sheet?

chris fox
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I am looking for sheet goods that has brushed aluminum skin over a black substraight(ABS). I prefer a thickness of .25- .375" with a decent brushed metal skin. The sheet good is for custom letters and company logo for a commissioned project.

I have a source to cut these locally but would also be interested in having this quoted to be fabricated by someone here on the Creek?

Thanks,
Chris

Scott Shepherd
05-15-2009, 2:02 PM
You can't buy the sheet for what Gemini will cut the letters for.

Do you have an account with Gemini?

Joe Pelonio
05-15-2009, 3:40 PM
Dibond comes in brushed aluminum but the center is PVC. It's readily available at Laird Plastics. Cutting the letters would require a CNC or waterjet.

chris fox
05-15-2009, 4:41 PM
I will check out Gemini and compare costs. I believe there is a Laird Plastics here in Phoenix. I have a source that offers both cnc and water jet but interested to compare costs since they dont specialize in sign fabrication.
Scott, do you have a contact over there at Gemini??

Thanks Chris

Scott Shepherd
05-16-2009, 3:36 PM
No contact so to speak at Gemini, I email my requests in and they email me the quote back.

If you want to send me the file, I'll email it to them and get a quote for you to give you a ball park for comparison.

I just finished a job using 1/2" thick black acrylic with the brushed alum skin on it. They cut all the letters and logo for about $200, and I'm positive I couldn't buy the sheet for that. Sure, I would have had material left over for another job, but in these days, I'd rather not tie cash up in material that will sit for who knows how long, when I can just get the job done, and put money in the back instead.

chris fox
05-17-2009, 11:15 AM
thanks Scott, I couldnt agree more.
I will send over a file over to them for quoting.

Chris