PDA

View Full Version : Are you a preferred Rockler customer?

Eric Roberge
05-15-2009, 12:42 PM
So I got home yesterday and had an envelope from Rockler sitting on the table. :D I get excited with anything that has to do with tools...

I opened the letter to find that I am a "preferred/loyal customer" and because of this I (and I alone:rolleyes:) have an exclusive offer to receive 15% off any orders from now through July 31st. I don't need anything, but kinda cool right?
So I logged onto the website and threw a few items in my cart and started to checkout only to find that a 15% discount was already there. (No, I didn't log in) It was listed as a promo discount. I didn't have to enter the "special" code or customer number.

I know that the offer I received is good till July 31st, but please... If you’re going to market this as a benefit for return customers, don't automatically give every TD&H the same discount that surfs the site. Plus the weekly emails I receive give 15% off. (I think I even got one last week for 20% off.)

No real beef with Rockler, I just thought it was kinda funny that they would waste money on the snail mailer when the weekly emails are essentially giving the consumer the same deal. Oh,…wait… Never mind, they only wasted 42 cents, cause I’m the only one that received the offer. It was exclusive to me remember…:p

Have a good day!

Brad Wood
05-15-2009, 1:11 PM
I got the same letter yesterday. I just went to the site and tossed a few things in the cart... I didn't get the auto discount. Logged in and tried and didn't get the discount then either (automatically at least). I don't have the letter with me, so I didn't enter it to see if I got the discount

Chris Padilla
05-15-2009, 1:30 PM
Got it, tossed it in the recycle bin...15% isn't much to get excited about....

glenn bradley
05-15-2009, 2:03 PM
Rockler's offers overlap frequently. I have missed a xx% off on one offer only to find I had another coupon that was valid till a later date. This is convenient but, they do tend to overload you with the same offer in different clothing at times.

Mike Henderson
05-15-2009, 2:07 PM
My guess is that anyone who's ready to buy from them is a preferred customer.

Mike

Robert Parrish
05-15-2009, 2:28 PM
I prefer free shipping!

James Jaragosky
05-15-2009, 2:58 PM
Got it, tossed it in the recycle bin...15% isn't much to get excited about....
I got the same letter.
I get snail mail and email discount offers from them every week or so.

Everything I am interested in is exempt or they do not carry what I need.
last week I needed a pc 7518 so I called the local Rockler to see if they had one in stock, after 5 minutes on hold I am informed they don't carry the 7518, but they would be happy to special order one for $375.00 and have it in 2 to 3 weeks.
I got one on amazon for $344.00 delivered the next day before 3pm
if the ever have a real sale I would find that useful but untill then Ill just keep recycling the sub-par sale adds they send.

Eric Roberge
05-15-2009, 3:13 PM
My guess is that anyone who's ready to buy from them is a preferred customer.

Mike

;) You got it!

Chris Damm
05-16-2009, 8:12 AM
I've never bought from them and I got one!

Lee DeRaud
05-16-2009, 9:45 AM
Got it, tossed it in the recycle bin...15% isn't much to get excited about....If you have a local one (about 4 miles for me), the "15% off whole purchase" isn't bad...
especially since it isn't a one-time deal, it's good every visit until the expiration date.

The fact that other people might be getting the same discount doesn't bother me that much. :p

Matt Meiser
05-16-2009, 2:17 PM
I got the letter. It doesn't apply to me since the only two Rocker retailers within reasonable distance are affiliates and Rocker chooses not to find a way to allow their affiliates to honor sale prices. And if I'm going to mail-order, there are better options price-wise for all but a couple Rockler-specific items.

Jeremy Polk
05-16-2009, 2:51 PM
Got it, did'nt use it though. Not because it was'nt enough, but I just don't need anything right now. When I do, I bet I will be customer of the day though :)

Jeremy