PDA

View Full Version : Universal & Epilog

Mike Fuller
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone here is running both a universal laser and an epilog laser on the same computer. I currently have 2 epilogs and will be getting in 3 universals shortly and was not sure how nicely they play together.

Thanks

Roy Brewer
05-15-2009, 3:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone here is running both a universal laser and an epilog laser on the same computer. Mike,

I'm aware of several people running both systems on same PC. I'm not aware of any negative interactions between the drivers, but the more USB ports you're using the more likely Windows will have an occasional problem. I'd certainly recommend running the Epilogs via Ethernet.

Michael Simpson Virgina
05-15-2009, 8:15 PM
I would think that running more than one ULS machine at the same time would be and issue. While the Eplilog machines are fire and forget this is not true for Universal machines. Their is constant interaction between the PC and ULS laser during the process. Not sure how this would work with multiple ULS machines connected to the same PC.

The driver may not support two jobs running at the same time.

Also the PC USB port powers part of the ULS circuitry so this may come in to play as well.

Mike Fuller
05-18-2009, 3:32 PM
Thanks for the info guys. We run everything now via our network and have the 2 current Epilogs running out of 1 HUB. Guess we'll see in a few weeks how everything comes together.

Rob Bosworth
05-21-2009, 1:55 PM
Mike, it will depend on the generation of the machines you are purchasing. ULS has recently made most of their models PC dependent. Rather than carrying smarts and memory storage on a mother board in the machine, they now use the PC's smarts and memory to run the machines. If you are buying VLS, PLS or ILS systems, they will need a PC directly hooked up to each machine. The older generation M, Vand X platform machines can be run along side your Epilogs.