PDA

View Full Version : clamps

Jim Riseborough
05-15-2009, 7:46 AM
what do you guys think of the Jorgensen clamps from HomeDepot?

Ed Labadie
05-15-2009, 8:06 AM
Jorgensen makes good clamps. Most of them in the USA.

HD is overpriced on them, I usually get mine from Amazon.

Ed

Russ Boyd
05-15-2009, 8:10 AM
Don't see why they wouldn't be fine, as long as they're not rejects from the factory. I don't think the Depot does that, but you never know. A lot of their stuff is suspect, but I've never had problems with tools personally. Russ

Jim Riseborough
05-15-2009, 8:23 AM
I have seen them on amazon, at about half price. I think thats the way to go. Thanks

Bill Huber
05-15-2009, 8:47 AM
Jim, I have 8 cabinet masters and 16 F type clamps from HD.

I also have a set of Bessy and a set of Jet, I like the Jet the best but I use the cabinet masters the most.

george wilson
05-15-2009, 9:11 AM
I like the
Jorgensen bar clamps. Hargrave bar clamps are always filthy with black crud on them when they arrive,and I hate cleaning them off.

glenn bradley
05-15-2009, 9:29 AM
I have quite a few Jorgi f-style clamps. They are a better quality than many of the look-alikes for not much more. When you are needing a third hand, the clutch style clamps are a benefit vs a sliphead clamp (which I have as well and like). I wish I would have saved that money though and bought more Bessey Uniclamps for small work. Penn State, Peachtree and others have low prices on decent f-style clamps if that is what you are after.

For parallel clamps, There are a lot of offerings out there but I stick with Bessey K-body's for the weight to usefulness ratio. The Cabinet Masters, Jets and Irwins are all well made and you may find a preference for one feature or another so get them in your hands (and hold them at arms length) before you decide.

Jim Riseborough
05-15-2009, 9:38 AM
thanks, I am wanting to get parallel clamps, sick of the old pipe clamps screwing me up