PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Banding

Michael Simpson Virgina
05-15-2009, 5:26 AM
Ok I have seen the banding from time to time especially when I am running at a high power and doing real dark areas.

On this piece I was experimenting with 1200DPI on some melamine and notices some lines at very regular intervals. I took the same image and hit a lasertile at 1200DPI.

This is not mechanical as the laser actual stops firing on these lines. Its not a fluctuation as they are too regular and at 1200DPI several laser passes go by where the laser just stops firing.

onur cakir
05-15-2009, 6:05 AM
Looked like a data problem to me. I had the same lines a while back, than i learned to wait for green led to go off before i hit "go".

Michael Simpson Virgina
05-15-2009, 6:18 AM
I don't think so as I have the same image on melamine with the exact same lines. Totally different print job.

However I have done some experimenting and I believe this problem is a Corel to Epilog conversion problem. If I print directly from Photoshop to the laser I get no banding.

The reason I say Corel to Epilog is that I can print to other 1200DPI devices and dont get any lines or banding.

Rodne Gold
05-15-2009, 8:09 AM
Try injecting a small amount of random noise into the graphic when using Corel to laser printing..it might help

Bob McGinn
05-15-2009, 9:35 AM
I have not found any value in 1200dpi on LaserTile. Photos seem to work well at 600dpi. Your results appear to be more a function of the image (processing etc) and not the laser.

Bill Cunningham
05-16-2009, 9:43 PM
I don't think I have ever used the 1200 dpi setting! The human eye can not probably see the difference from 600 dpi.. Did you re-sample the picture to 1200 dpi in corel? I know multiples of 300 are supposed to work, but you are clearly losing data someplace..
I don't think I could charge enough to run a tile @ 1200 dpi!