PDA

View Full Version : Switching sides on TS extension table?

Jason Hallowell
05-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I recently picked up a new table saw, and due to limited shop space I'd like to build a new extension table with a router set up. This would allow me to sell my router table and reclaim some valuable floor space. The extension table that came with the saw appears to have been run into by a forklift, so it needs replacing anyways.

My problem is that the rails and extension table are on the right, and I would really prefer to have the router on the left. If I move the rails and build it on the left, I would have to drill a few new mounting holes in the rail, and it would make access to the TS motor and belt more difficult.

I think I can live with a few extra holes in the rail, and I think I can design the new extension such that I minimize the motor access inconvenience, but before I start tearing things apart, is there anything else I might be overloooking?

Jason White
05-15-2009, 6:33 AM
Here's a recent thread discussing a similar issue...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=112074

I recently picked up a new table saw, and due to limited shop space I'd like to build a new extension table with a router set up. This would allow me to sell my router table and reclaim some valuable floor space. The extension table that came with the saw appears to have been run into by a forklift, so it needs replacing anyways.

My problem is that the rails and extension table are on the right, and I would really prefer to have the router on the left. If I move the rails and build it on the left, I would have to drill a few new mounting holes in the rail, and it would make access to the TS motor and belt more difficult.

I think I can live with a few extra holes in the rail, and I think I can design the new extension such that I minimize the motor access inconvenience, but before I start tearing things apart, is there anything else I might be overloooking?