PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home

Don Abele
05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Just got back from the military air terminal in Norfolk. We welcomed back the last of my deployed detachments - 72 Sailors in all. They are returning home after spending eight months in Iraq (I spent about three months with them earlier this year). It was a great home coming with spouses, children, and significant others all in attendance. It's a good feeling to welcome them back home safe and sound. Sent 72 over, got 72 back - it's a great day when the numbers add up. So...

WELCOME HOME TO:

MARITIME EXPEDITIONARY SECURITY DETACHMENT TWO-THREE-TWO

Be well,

Doc

Jim Kountz
05-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Very cool Doc!! Glad everyone returned safe and sound!!

Steve Schlumpf
05-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Doc - that is some wonderful news! Always great to hear when our folks come back from overseas! We all appreciate the job you all have been doing! A big thanks to you and your fellow service men and women for being there for our country! Very happy to hear everyone made it back!

Martin Shupe
05-15-2009, 1:21 AM
Glad to see you are home safe, Doc.

Rich Engelhardt
05-15-2009, 6:26 AM
Hello,
Welcome back!

My son still has until Sept. until he comes back from the Sinai. His guard unit is -1 on the numbers side :(.

Belinda Barfield
05-15-2009, 8:41 AM
Doc - that is some wonderful news! Always great to hear when our folks come back from overseas! We all appreciate the job you all have been doing! A big thanks to you and your fellow service men and women for being there for our country! Very happy to hear everyone made it back!

+1:) Get out of my head Steve!:D

Jim O'Dell
05-15-2009, 9:57 AM
Don, when you meet back up with all the crew, tell them we appreciate all you and they do for us! Always good to see the numbers in and out the same. Jim.

Phyllis Meyer
05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
A huge Thank You to this unit for all they have done for our country! May God Bless all of them!

Rich, all military are in our hearts and prayers, and we pray for your Son's safe return in September!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Dave Anderson NH
05-15-2009, 2:41 PM
I'm glad to hear it Doc. Having commanded men in combat I know all too well the awesome responsibility and all of the fears that go with it. You and your men have aquitted themselves with honor.