PDA

View Full Version : CNC Shark Pro

Ken Shannon
05-14-2009, 6:43 PM
This is my first time posting, so be gentle. I'm looking for a professional cnc router engraver for making signs. I've looked at the CNC Shark Pro that Rockler offers. I am looking for advice as to other woodworkers experience. I am not trying to make a living at this, but for my ranch. Has anyone tried this machine or other recommendations.

ed vitanovec
05-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Also take a look at Max NC. They have a nice benchtop with servo motors and all steel construction, cutting area is 18" x 22" x 6". The Z axis placement is adjustable, includes a router and starting price is $2995. Also Sidewinder CNC has a 26" x 40" x 6" all steel construction for $2995.

Good luck!
Ed

Steve knight
05-15-2009, 1:04 AM
if you want to do this for a living you may want more of a machine the shopbot buddy would be the way to go. faster and far more rigid.
I make a somewhat living with my shopbot. you can put a spindle on it and that will save you a lot of noise

http://www.shopbottools.com/shopbot_buddy.htm

Kendall Stokke
05-15-2009, 8:23 PM
i have a carvewright that does a great job on signs, the software is easy to learn and the centerline text option that you can purchase is awesome for sign making. it is a little limited by size and you can only do 14 1/2" wide but you can go 12' long. wider signs can be done in pieces and attached together later.

check it out at carvewright.com

i posted a sign that i made on mine. it is a two sided and i added the frame around the outside later

good luck

kendall

AL Ursich
05-15-2009, 9:54 PM
Kendall,

Nice Sign too...

AL