PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration in Charlotte NC

Jay Knoll
08-10-2004, 9:24 PM
Hi everyone

My wife and I stopped in Charlotte NC to visit the Mint Craft Museum, they have a wonderful exhibit of work done at Pennland --

I saw a Maloff rocking chair, Fridg chair, a Wendell Castle blanket chest, some fantastic turned pieces, and a whole lot of other "non wood" crafts

If you want to see some close up examples of wonderfully executed work, it is worth the trip. Tuesdays admission is free otherwise it is $6.

Beautiful stuff, if you are within driving distance I strongly urge a visit. It is a small museum but wonderfully done. No photography allowed in the museum so you'll have to take the images home in your head, or buy the catalog!

Here's the link

http://www.mintmuseum.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=15

Mac McAtee
08-10-2004, 9:28 PM
I guess it takes someone from somewhere else to let us know what is going on in our back yard.

Thank you Jay.

Clint deal
08-11-2004, 8:39 AM
I live about 13 miles from downtown Charlotte. I can see the tal buildings if I get on a hill away from the trees.

I went to the Mint museum back in grade school on a field trip. lol
I try my best to stay out of town but it sounds like this is a reason to make the trip to see. Thanks
Clint

William Hall
08-11-2004, 2:35 PM
I guess it takes someone from somewhere else to let us know what is going on in our back yard.
I know exactly what you mean. I live just outside of Charlotte and have worked there for about 10 years. I have never been to the mint museum.

William

Mac McAtee
08-11-2004, 10:28 PM
William,
You in Rock Hill? That is a place I want to see, odd world we live in. I have a great interest in Catawba Indian pottery. I am going to make it down there from Oak Ridge one day. I am between Greensboro and Winston-Salem (kind of). I want to get up with some of the master Indian potters and add to my collection.
Mac