PDA

View Full Version : First picture post

Paul Mathers
05-14-2009, 6:03 PM
just finised latest project thought I would post picture for judgement on the CREEK solid oak table and base, bloodwood center octogon outer octogon has bloodwood/blackwalnut accents chip trays are blackwaulnut be gentle.

John Keeton
05-14-2009, 6:43 PM
Gentle???? My gosh, I don't even play poker, and that looks gorgeous!! Great job - good mix of woods, great construction, good style - what more could be said.

Not sure of the functionality since I don't play, but sure looks like it would do the job.

Chris Tsutsui
05-14-2009, 7:07 PM
It looks grea!

I had a poker table with a similar design only it had poor materials and poor factory craftsmanship.

What I ended up doing is build a flat top that fit over the poker table and it was covered in a felt-like fabric.

This proved to be a better card gaming top since it gave a larger and more level playing area.

Sam Layton
05-14-2009, 9:46 PM
Paul, that is a beautiful looking poker table. Outstanding job... What finish did you use? Are you going to build the chairs?

Sam

Von Bickley
05-14-2009, 9:49 PM
Looks GREAT.......

Jim Rimmer
05-14-2009, 9:56 PM
Nicw work!

Mark Versprille
05-15-2009, 7:39 AM
The table is beautiful. But I hate poker!!:eek: I've never met a poker chip that didn't run from me like a scalded dawg,

Jason Tuinstra
05-15-2009, 9:37 AM
Looks like a great table. The use of different woods really works in this piece. Real nice!

Wayne Morley
05-15-2009, 3:03 PM
Nice job. I like the combination of different woods, the colors and textures work well together. Looks like excellent craftsmanship as well. I do have a bit of an aesthetic issue with the legs. They look a bit spindly to me, and the bottom of the octagon base seems to end abruptly. Perhaps a trim molding around the base would help to give it a more finished look.

A nice table like this makes a friendly game of poker even more enjoyable. Have fun. :)

Paul Mathers
05-17-2009, 7:08 PM
Thank you for all of your input :)

Adam Wissman
05-17-2009, 7:32 PM
Looks Great!

I really like the contrasting wood colors, it really is appealing to the eye. also the fabric on top looks like velvet or suede, really top notch. I would buy it in an instant if i had the space. I would pay top dollar for it too, for the craftsmanship and the quality materials;).

John Thompson
05-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice job Paul.. I just had a look as I am two weeks behind on viewing as up to my neck in saw-dust myself.

Sarge..