PDA

View Full Version : New Amana router bits

Greg Magone
05-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm just happy as a clam and had to tell someone. I found a few good deals on Amana router bits lately and bought a selection for my shop! Here's the rundown:

1" Straight Bit, 1/2" shank
5/16" Straight Bit, 1/2" shank
3/8" Straight Bit, 1/2" shank
7/16" Straight Bit, 1/2" shank
1 3/8 Dia Rabbet, 1/4" shank
Classical Moulding, 1/4" shank
Wavy Edge, 1/4" shank
Bull Nose, 3/8”, ½” shank
Rail and Stile Set, Ogee
Rail and Stile Set, Cove
Traditional Vertical Raised Panel
Ogee Vertical Raised Panel
Cove Vertical Raised Panel

I paid about an average of 31% of the new price. All of the bits are new except for the two rail and stile, both were sold with "barely any use".

I hope the Amana will work well for me! They have good reviews here so far, and I'll try them out once they arrive and post my results here.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
You'll like 'em just fine.
Amana makes good cutters.

Lots of folks will say don't buy the large kits of cutters cause you'll not use 'em.
I bought one of those large kits with a zillion cutters and I use 'em. Never know when some odd ball cutter will do the trick. Haven't used 'em all yet but, many of 'em more than a few times.

Greg Magone
05-14-2009, 1:32 PM
The way I look at is buying router bits is the same as buying opportunities for woodworking. You may not use all of them right away, but every bit is an opportunity for a new kind of project that you may not do if you had to go buy the bit.

With that said, the ones I got were all individual - they weren't in a kit. I selected each one on its own.

I have had good luck with Freud before. I got a big set of Ryobi carbide cutters as a gift and was happy as a clam until I made the first cut - and saw it promptly leave serious burn marks on wood. I tried routing pine and they even burned pine!

Hopefully the cutters will show up today.

glenn bradley
05-14-2009, 1:36 PM
I have some Amana as well. No complaints whatsoever.

Peter Quinn
05-14-2009, 9:41 PM
I like Amana, one of my favorite bits. Their cabinet door sets are some of the best router door sets going, they stack more like mini shaper cutters than most router sets i've used or seen. Enjoy those.

Oh, their saw blades are pretty darn good too.