PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scouts 100 Years - Ideas/Help Needed

Joe Boiman
05-13-2009, 2:50 PM
Greetings,
I have been lurking in the shadows, reading as many posts as possible, and I must say the willingness of help on this forum is mind boggling. Which brings me to my plea....

I have designed a Collectible Bill to commemorate the 100 Years of Scouting, photo attached, I hope:confused:. What I'm looking for are ideas to enhance the bills, such as mounting them on plaques to be given to Scout Leaders as awards, or some type of acrylic mount to display the bills. etc etc....

Our Troop is selling them on our web site (not going to mention here because I'm not sure I'm allowed, but in can be see on the the photo;)) What I would like to do is use my laser, or sub out the work to those of you who have more toys than me, to add additional items related to the Collector Bill on our web site.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Brian Robison
05-13-2009, 3:57 PM
Looks to me like a sublimation job.
You could do all kinds of things with it.
Coffee Cups come to mind.

Scott Perry
05-13-2009, 7:52 PM
That would look great in 3d....which would require a lot of work. How about etched in glass or marble?

Rodne Gold
05-14-2009, 1:39 AM
Well , a lapel pin featuring the note , a key tag , perhaps a "brag" board with the note as a header \(a board lapel pins and badges and other small memorabilia can be mounted on)
A display "frame" for the bill out of clear perspex , 2 sheets samwiching it.
A paperweight with the bill atop it , protected by clear pex.
Laser cutting sections out the bill ... for a "lacework" bill....
An engraved abridged history of the scouts - with the engraved bill as a header... lets say on black pex with a gold fill....

Steve Clarkson
05-14-2009, 6:23 AM
Joe,

That's REALLY nice.....very creative and original.

Sorry I don't have any ideas for you when it comes to engraving it......I think printing it on paper and then mounting it on a plaque would probably be best.

Oh, and BE CAREFUL......the Scouts WILL come after you if they find out.

Good Luck!

Dee Gallo
05-14-2009, 6:34 AM
Well , a lapel pin featuring the note , a key tag , perhaps a "brag" board with the note as a header \(a board lapel pins and badges and other small memorabilia can be mounted on)
A display "frame" for the bill out of clear perspex , 2 sheets samwiching it.
A paperweight with the bill atop it , protected by clear pex.
Laser cutting sections out the bill ... for a "lacework" bill....
An engraved abridged history of the scouts - with the engraved bill as a header... lets say on black pex with a gold fill....

By extension: a two sided flat paperweight to show both sides (maybe doming would work here?)

Also: car or fridge magnets, 2 sided desk nameplate

Joe Boiman
05-14-2009, 3:05 PM
Thanks for all the good ideas. I really like the idea of a desk top paper weight. Hopefully one of these days I will get more toys like Sublimation, and/or doming, but for now I'll just keep working with my laser.

AL Ursich
05-15-2009, 3:03 PM
I see a small copyright on the bill and 3 letters that did not look like BSA?

How are you handling the Copyright issues and keeping the BSA from owning another business?

It is great that we can make such great products, but getting permission is the hard part.

AL

Edit: Nice PM from Joe. I stand humbly corrected. Joe has it covered and did it right. Good Luck with the project. I think Sublimation has my vote, even putting the image on Ceramic Tiles and inlaying them in projects built by Scouts like wood chests and plaques.

I use Sublimation to make reflective License Plates and this image would be impressive.

Good Job, Excellent Design !!!!

AL

Dave Russell Smith
05-15-2009, 3:54 PM
You could always put his image on a piece of wood or granite

Dee Gallo
05-16-2009, 1:10 PM
Hey, Joe-

I don't know why this thread keeps popping into my head, but I was wondering if there are things that are commonly used which would be good to use these designs on, such as for the organizers/participants of the many jamborees and events:

1. clipboards
2. notebooks
3. address books
4. photo albums
5. tree ornament
6. knife/tool holder
7. 2-sided money clip
8. book markers
9. luggage tags
10. large car door magnets

Okay, I got those out of my system.

:) dee

AL Ursich
05-16-2009, 1:20 PM
Hey, Joe-

I don't know why this thread keeps popping into my head, but I was wondering if there are things that are commonly used which would be good to use these designs on, such as for the organizers/participants of the many jamborees and events:

1. clipboards
2. notebooks
3. address books
4. photo albums
5. tree ornament
6. knife/tool holder
7. 2-sided money clip
8. book markers
9. luggage tags
10. large car door magnets

Okay, I got those out of my system.

:) dee

Good List....

Mouse Pads too....

AL

Joe Boiman
05-16-2009, 6:54 PM
Dee

Those are so great idea. I know there are lots of people out there that will find creative thing to do with the collector bills, at least I'm hoping there are:). I just need to get the bills out to as many fellow Scouters as possible.
Again thanks for the input.