PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow!

Carole Valentine
08-10-2004, 12:04 PM
I just face jointed the first couple of pieces of walnut on my new jointer. I had put a couple of coats of paste wax on the tables last night and polished them so they were really slick. The jointed face of the walnut was so slick and flat that it actually formed a slight vacuum between the wood and the outfeed table! Now that's flat! <Carole does snoopy dance around the shop!>:D

Jack Young
08-10-2004, 1:16 PM
Carole-

I share your awe and the Wows that seem to keep coming as I accumulate some decent, actually exceptional, equipment. I have messed around over the years with the usual entry level stuff, Craftsman, B&D, and so on, and there is a world of difference between the good stuff and the ordinary. Isn't it wonderful?

Jack

Steve Jenkins
08-10-2004, 1:24 PM
you know you have things right when that happens Carol. Feels good doesn't it. Congrats on the new machine. as for the guard I think if it were me I would fasten a piece of wood or plastic to the guard that would hang down within about 1/4" of the table. If you need to lower the infeed more than that you could just take of that piece. Steve

Tyler Howell
08-10-2004, 9:34 PM
Nothing Like the Gold Standard:cool: :cool:

Dennis Peacock
08-11-2004, 9:30 AM
Nothing Like the Gold Standard:cool: :cool:
Got that right my friend.!!!!

PM Gold....sweet stuff. ;)