PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing problem

Bob Weisner
08-10-2004, 8:03 AM
Hi:

I don't know if there are any plumbers on the website , but I have a problem with a washer that we installed yesterday in our basement as a backup washing machine in case our regular one breaks down (it has). The problem is that the washer is hooked up right into the main drain that leads to the septic tank. It did not do it on the first load, but on the 2nd , 3rd and any load, there is soap suds coming out of the pipe that the drain hose is put into. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks,

Bob

Dennis Peacock
08-10-2004, 9:30 AM
Easy....go to a BBox store and you you a plumbers snake that you can wind (twist) with a handle and snake the pipe. Something has to be in the pipe to slow the water drain. If the snake is clean, then you may need to get your septic pumped. We get ours pumped every 2 years due to the load we put on our septic system with 4 kids and 2 adults on a spetic that was sized for a 4 member family and no more. :eek:

Phil Phelps
08-10-2004, 9:44 AM
The waste pipe is properly vented, right?

Steve Clardy
08-10-2004, 10:31 AM
to reduce your waste pipe down with fittings that will accept your drain hose on the washer. Then slide the washer drain hose over it and use a hose clamp to clamp in place. It then cannot overflow all over the floor. It forces the water into the drain pipe. Either get one of those barbed fittings or use a 1/2 pipe nipple to do this with. I think 1/2 fits the drain hose if i remember.
Steve

Bob Weisner
08-10-2004, 4:52 PM
Plumber came out this morning and fixed the problem. He put a black rubber gasket seal around the pipes. Everything is working good now :)

Thanks,

Bob