PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly tent sale this weekend.

Ed Kilburn
05-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Anyone going to Grizzly's tent sale from the Allentown, PA area? I'm going anyone want to ride along?

George Morris
05-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I went to one of there tent sales1 year ago,got there 1/2 hr.after it opened. The place was mobbed and any thing worth buying was gone! You got to get there real early,some people camp out there! Good luck! George

David DeCristoforo
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I didn't know Griz sold tents....

Kev Godwin
05-13-2009, 12:02 AM
+1 on what George said.
Must get there early for good buying options.
We had the same thing happen to us when we went to Springfield, MO.
The second time we went, we knew better.;)

Peter Scoma
05-13-2009, 3:34 AM
I'm in philly and still on the fence whether ill go or not. Anyone have a good excuse for the wife as to why i'll be gone for 7 hrs??? (ie. the truth wont suffice)

PS

Mark Versprille
05-13-2009, 6:55 AM
What kind of savings do you get at their tent sale?

Paul Steiner
05-13-2009, 7:42 AM
Yes please can anyone tell us about the savings to be had? Grizz has a scratch and dent section on their site I wonder is if the tent sale has deals that are better or on par with that?

Chuck Saunders
05-13-2009, 8:57 AM
The tent sale has damaged, broken equipment. You buy it with no warranty. Parts are available and may reduce any savings. Best savings come from equipment that is damaged cosmetically and you can live with the scrapes. A lot of the buyers buy 3 to make 1 and that can work out as well. I did well last year buying a 16" jointer for $100, $600 in parts and I have a $4000 jointer. I would say that these results are not typical. I bought the jointer because it had a single phase motor I was going to use for my planer and I thought the tables would make nice setup tables. I think most of the savings are in the 20% range all said and done. But is is fun!

Rick Moyer
05-13-2009, 8:14 PM
Last year (or the year before) they had A LOT of 1023 saws that had the side table pieces with the holes misalligned. They were selling these for $775 as I recall. That was the only thing wrong with them.

Christopher Stahl
05-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I'll be at Muncy on Saturday. I've purchased a couple pieces of equipment over the years and so has a couple of my friends. My best deal was a G0513 Bandsaw for $450. There was nothing wrong with it, but the ticket said scratch. I found no scratch. If you search through the posts, you'll see photos of it. Brand new.

My buddy bought G0490 8" jointer for $500 because it had a cracked off switch. A small piece was broken off.

We don't come home with awesome deals every year, but I always do come home with a couple things.

They have a lot of damaged equipment that can be repaired for less than new equipment. I've also seen a lot of good purchases that were sold, but I'm wishing I would have made it there first.

Prices are also negotiable. :D