PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker PRLV2?

Jay Yoder
05-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Anyone out there have this lift? How does it compare to the PRL? how about the quick lift? Is it worth the extra $? I am planning on building a table and need to select the lift next. I will be using PC 7518. Is this lift the same as the one that Wood craft is now marketing as a pinnacle? Thanks for the input!

Brian Effinger
05-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Jay,
I've had it for a few months now and really like it, although I haven't used it all that much since Christmas. I do plan on using it in the next few days to make some pen boxes. The quick lift is very nice to get the router up far enough to change the bit. This lift is the same as the pinnacle that woodcraft sells. Even though I have nothing but good things to say about WC, I'd still recommend buying it from Woodpeckers. I had a very minor problem with mine and they really took care of me. There was a slight clicking when using the thumb wheel over half of the revolution. I called them up and got to talk to one of their technical guys, and explained the problem to him. Based on my description he knew what the problem was, and said it was an easy fix, but still wanted to send me out a new lift. I didn't even have to send the old one in first. They sent a shipping label with the new unit. Woodpeckers customer service is top notch, as is this lift. For what it's worth, I highly recommend it.

Brian

Ron Bontz
05-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I have had a PRL for about 8 years. Still works well. No complaints and I have always had good prompt service from them.:)

Tom Hintz
05-13-2009, 3:04 AM
I used the PRL for years, loved it, saw the V2 and got it and it really is even better. I have a full reivew with lots of photos and a video at the link below that explains it way better than I can here without just repeating everything on that page. Woodpeckers did it again with another very cool, well-made product.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/wdpkprlv2rvu.html

Jay Yoder
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the excellent input. Where is the cheapest place to pick one up at? I can get 10% off due to birthday coupon for the Pinnacle one at WoodCraft.

One last question, how would it compare to the Bench Dog lift?

John Morrison60
05-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Jay
I have had the v2 now for 6 months. I have a Milwaukee 3.5 hp router in it.
I compared it against the Bench Dog lift. The BD is massive and looks well made.
The quick lift feature sold me on the Woodpecker.
I have a Bench Dog wing on my table saw that holds the Woodpecker lift.
The Woodpecker is first rate. The quick lift is terrific, and the Cust service from
Woodpecker is great.

I have used it a lot over the last several months, and have no complaints at all.

Good luck.

John

Randal Stevenson
05-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the excellent input. Where is the cheapest place to pick one up at? I can get 10% off due to birthday coupon for the Pinnacle one at WoodCraft.

One last question, how would it compare to the Bench Dog lift?

Is the pinnacle one the same thing, or is it a quick lift (thought that is what they called it)?

Jay Yoder
05-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds like either option would be good. The reason i asked is b/c right now there is a $50 rebate on it...

Seems the woodpecker is more widely know. I believe the Pinnacle is the same as the PRL2. Just badged for WoodCraft to sell.

anyone know who has the best price on it?

Jim O'Dell
05-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Just to throw a kink into things:D, well, actually to give you another option, the Incra lift is the same too, if I'm not mistaken. It has the magnetic rings instead of the screw in, but I believe is the same unit. Look and see who has the best deal.
I have the PRL with the PC 7518 and it is a work horse. The quick lift would be a nice added feature. Jim.

Dick Mahany
05-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Jay,

I've had the Woodcraft Pinnacle version of the PRL2 (identical to Woodpecker's, just branded for WC) and love it. It is solid, easy to adjust, stable, and handles my Milwaukee 3.5 HP router like a pro. I have the earlier version of the PRL2 and needed to make custom shims for the big Milwaukee and also remove the MW height adjust screw, but it was worth it totally. Since then, the PRL2 can now be ordered for the big Milwaukee and does not require any mods, and in my opinion doesn't get any better. I can't speak for the big PC, but can't imagine any problems.

Tom Hintz and several other posters have very accurately described this excellent lift and my experience agrees. I put it into a table and have posted pics at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dmshopshots/RouterTable#

Best regards,