PDA

View Full Version : Public Rudeness deserves Public Apologies

Mark Versprille
05-12-2009, 2:03 PM
Recently I slighted Rich McComas in the woodworking and tools section. I asked for advice on a new tool I wanted to buy. I waited a couple of days, got no input and being the impetuous youth I am, ordered it through the SMC Amazon connection. I posted that I had ordered it. Then Rich posted a link to negative reviews of the tool on another web site that my research had missed. I accused him of carping and "spittin in the grits", seeing how it was too late for the advice to do any good.

Well, I was wrong on couple of levels. I got in touch with Amazon and the shipment was delayed so I was able to cancel it.

So Rich McComas, I apologize. I popped off at the keyboard a little too quick there.

Don Abele
05-12-2009, 6:53 PM
Mark, it's threads like this one that may SMC the wonderful place it is.

Be well,

Doc

Ken Fitzgerald
05-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Mark....takes a big man to admit publically his mistakes....IMHO

Belinda Barfield
05-13-2009, 8:50 AM
Way to go Mark! I've had to post a couple of public apologies myself. You did the right thing.

John Schreiber
05-13-2009, 8:51 AM
Think how well the world would run if everyone showed class like this.

Ken Garlock
05-13-2009, 6:03 PM
You just provided a model for the rest of us.:)

glenn bradley
05-13-2009, 6:08 PM
I've definitely stepped in it before so you're not alone. And I hope I have always quickly apologized once I became aware ;-)

Mark Versprille
05-14-2009, 7:12 AM
This thread wasn't intended to elicit favorable comments. I think I was already in a bad mood on that day. I vented on someone who didn't create the mood. I behaved like a jerk. Let's let it rest at that.