PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid R4511 Upgrades

Chris A Anderson
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I recently purchased the Ridgid R4511 table saw and should be taking delivery today. I've been in the market for a table saw for quite some time now and decided to purchase the Ridgid from reading many of the reviews. I also got a great deal on the saw thanks to a power tool sale combined with 10% for opening a new credit card.

Now I'd like to explore what upgrades fellow woodworkers would recommend. I plan on purchasing a Forrest Woodworker II thin kerf blade. Has anyone upgraded the fence? Added a router table extension? Any upgrade ideas would be apprciated.

Thanks.

Chris Harry
05-12-2009, 12:53 PM
TONS of info over at RidgidForum.com

I have the WWII full kerf, if I ever see a good deal on the thin kerf Id probably pick it up just to have one of each.

The stock fence seems to be OK........once you get it adjusted and add some fence faces, its pretty reliable. I waxed the rails a little and it glides pretty nice.........not quite as nice as my 3660 did, but I like the fact that its easily upgradable (3660 used aluminum extrusion so extending/changing wasnt as simple as going to a steel supply co.)

Im in the process of collecting materials for a router extension......first order of business is upgrading the 2 piece back rail to one (longer) piece, along with a longer front rail holder (so it goes past the right wing of the saw and has enough leftover length to hold a router extension). Thats actually the hard part........the rest is just building a table to go in the newly created space. I have an Incra Super System waiting to be used which has a built in dust port, so that part is simple for me.