PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Scout recognition board

Brian Brown
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Sunday at church, I was asked to make a board that would be used to attach small brass plaques recognizing the Eagle Scouts from the troop our church sponsers. It will be smallish at around 18 X 24. There are only two places to hang it, and one requires clearance for a door to open, so it can't be deeper than about 1". Have any of you made a similar type of project, and can you post pictures to help give me some ideas?

Greg Hines, MD
05-12-2009, 1:16 PM
You can find all sorts of designs on the BSA website for stuff that they sell. Our Troop has a recognition board that has a cast Eagle head on it and room for about 30 name blanks. I would consider that that would be the biggest part of this project would be acquiring the brass plates for the names. I have never priced those at Rockler or Woodcraft.

When I worked at camp, we used to make plaques for the staff at the end of each summer. We routed out plaques, one year we made well over a hundred little picture frames to apply to the plaques, added patches, etc. to them.

I would suggest looking into the website first for inspiration, then go from there.

Doc