PDA

View Full Version : Any Creekers heading to the Utah Symposium this week?

Dave Schell
05-11-2009, 3:22 PM
I'm heading out there Wednesday morning. It will be my first major symposium so I'm very excited. I'll only be able to attend 7 rotations so it's going to be a really difficult task picking from the many presenters to see. Anybody have any recommendations? Here is the list of presenters scheduled to be there:

http://www.utahwoodturning.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

Kirk Chester
05-11-2009, 4:24 PM
I had no idea that this event was even going on, and I live in Utah :(

Dick Strauss
05-11-2009, 4:34 PM
I wish...!

Joshua Dinerstein
05-11-2009, 5:30 PM
I live in Utah as well. I have been trying to decide whether or not to go. Right now money is a touch tight but to see some of these things first hand just seems like it would be amazing.

Would those who have gone before recommend going? Man I remember life before I was broke. Of course that was before I got into wood turning... so i wouldn't have even wondered about this symposium. :D

Joshua

Marc Himes
05-11-2009, 5:40 PM
It looks like a great symposium. I went to the AAW Symposium last June in Richmond and enjoyed it very much. My wife came along and enjoyed it too.
Provo and other symposiums are on my list but work just gets in the way.

Marc Himes

Don Wilcut
05-11-2009, 6:59 PM
I'm heading out there Wednesday morning. It will be my first major symposium so I'm very excited. I'll only be able to attend 7 rotations so it's going to be a really difficult task picking from the many presenters to see. Anybody have any recommendations? Here is the list of presenters scheduled to be there:

http://www.utahwoodturning.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these demonstrators. I've been to Utah several times and will not go back to the National (AAW). I'm not going to Utah this year because I'm attending a class at JCC with Frank Penta.

Don

charlie knighton
05-11-2009, 9:27 PM
i believe you will enjoy yourself at regional and national symposium, do not overlook the 1 day events.

Curt Fuller
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
This is late advice, but too bad you can't be there Wednesday morning at 8am for Craftsupplies huge parking lot sale. More good deals than you can shake a stick at and a lot of free demos by various vendors.

Tim Cleveland
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I have taken classes from Mike Mahoney and been to one of his demos before and they are great.

Tim

David Walser
05-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Would those who have gone before recommend going?

Yes. This is one of the oldest and best symposiums. If you have the time, it's definitely worth the money.

Randy Hoch
05-12-2009, 8:19 AM
..... anyone else?

Don Orr
05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Wish I could go.

Ralph Lindberg
05-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Well.... I was there from Wed through Sat, see my posts on several other forums. I really enjoyed it, but please in the future travel on Tuesday and attend Super Weds at Craft Supplies.Super Weds, has all day free classes and demos (Cindy, etc), plus demos of products, plus the "clearance" building". Plus a discount on regular items (same as available at the Utah). Plus a lunch, plus door-prizes.

I even went back to CS-USA on Sat for the "clearance" plus 30% off.

Lastly, the plan for next year is to move up another weekend, the plan is for 6, 7, 8 May (with Super Wed on 5 May)