PDA

View Full Version : More Pantograph Advice please

Mike Lempert
05-11-2009, 2:43 PM
Hello folks, I'm back. Decided to start a new thread as I narrow down my options. I've pretty much decided that I don't want to be very limited in what I can do in the future, so I'm looking at big machines.

Some people have been very helpful; I thank the two Daves and Mark for their comments thus far. I let a good one get by me. While I was noodling it over, someone hit the Buy-It-Now button on ebay # 200340119037 He who hesitates...

I'm considering two at this point. ebay numbers are: 270271800924 and
250407229359 The first one is attractive to me because of the single phase power and 1:1 ratio capability. However, there is no copy with it and no bit. It is also the more expensive after shipping from the northeast to SC. The Deckel model may be 3 phase, although it doesn't seem to indicate it on the motor specs picture. It comes with various copy and other odds and ends that I don't recognize. It is located here in SC, so I presume shipping is much less. I suppose I have phase converter expense to worry about.

Again, my interets are diamond drag and will also be doing rotary engraving... and who knows what else. I will appreciate any and all comments relative to the two machines above.

Regards,
Mike Lempert