PDA

View Full Version : Wanna See a Nice Fish?

Bill Cunningham
05-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Got a photo from a fishing lodge to be put on black stone.. This is the stuff they call laser grade marble but even though it etches beautifully, it ain't marble.. This stuff etches at the same speed and power as granite, (70p/100sp/600dpi) but does not turn white like marble, but stays a rather low (visual) definition of gray. What I means by low 'visual' difinition, it the picture does not really 'pop' until it's whitened. Titanium white has been added.. Sorry for the fuzzy picture, it sure looks a lot better in real life..

Andrea Weissenseel
05-11-2009, 5:42 AM
That looks great Bill

As for the settings, how much Watt do you have ?

Andrea

Steve Clarkson
05-11-2009, 6:17 AM
Bill,

They have some mighty big fish up in the Great White North.....holy cow!

And once again, VERY nice work on the engraving.

Frank Corker
05-11-2009, 6:46 AM
Nice work Bill. Bet that fish took some landing!

Bill Cunningham
05-12-2009, 8:34 PM
Thanks folks.. That fish was landed in BC (British Columbia) caught by the young fella in the pic. As everyone knows, BC produces two great products, the other one is Fish :D

And Andrea. the settings used were text at 100%power/25%speed/300 dpi I like to burn the text right in. The photo part was 100%sp/70%power/600 dpi My laser is somewhere between 35 and 45 watts.. It was a 35 watt, but my new tube is a LOT stronger than my old one ever was, so who knows!!

I always run the text and the photos as separate runs, and the photo was processed using the generic granite setting in photograv