PDA

View Full Version : Really Weird Gloat

Tom LaRussa
08-09-2004, 2:31 PM
I HAVE A DESK!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, ever since we moved into our new house at the beginning of May, I've been too busy -- first with general house setup, and then with getting my shop into some extremely minor semblance of order -- to bother with minor/personal stuff like putting a writing surface under my computer.

This weekend I finally found the time, so I am now sitting in a chair typing this, rather than sitting or lying on the floor, which is what I have been doing for the past three months.

Boy is my aching back loving it!

:D

Augie

Jim Becker
08-09-2004, 2:39 PM
No pictures?? Sheesh! (Congrats on your new desk...)

Chris Padilla
08-09-2004, 3:16 PM
"This thread is worthless without pictures!!"

;)

Steve Clardy
08-09-2004, 3:20 PM
Aah OOOO. I see the picture patrol coming on this one!!!
Super. Great to have a desk. You build one or??
Steve

Bart Leetch
08-09-2004, 3:32 PM
"to bother with minor/personal stuff like putting a writing surface under my computer. " So are you busy writing under your computer?

Byron Trantham
08-09-2004, 3:44 PM
While you are "wrting under your computer" do the wires get in the way? :D

Tom LaRussa
08-09-2004, 7:07 PM
Aah OOOO. I see the picture patrol coming on this one!!!
Super. Great to have a desk. You build one or??
Steve
Um ...

Well ...

<gulp>

I may have overstated things a bit when I said "desk" -- :o -- it's more like a former dining room table. Okay, it is a former dining room table.

When we were finishing packing up for the move from Pleasanton to our current location in the extreme-East Bay, we realized at the last minute that our 96" Pottery Barn table wasn't going to fit into a 92" deep packing container. So, rather than abandon the table, I lopped off the ends with a recip saw. Between the rough cut ends, the gouges in the top, and the fact that it's just a commercial product at heart, I really didn't think it was worth photographing.

Makes a nice computer table though...

:D

Augie

Jack Young
08-09-2004, 8:10 PM
Augie-

Diane and I have been in this house for over four years and are hardly ahead of what you have done already. Gloat away!! It is a milestone to get even a smidgeon of order and function out of the chaos that attends every corner of one's life. I'm with you all the way, pictures or no.

Jack