PDA

View Full Version : Don't Speed

Sean Troy
05-10-2009, 2:26 PM
Here are the new Zero tolerance speed cameras. Think they'll work?

David G Baker
05-10-2009, 2:40 PM
Now that there is funny! Imagine an officer of the law in a hot pursuit forgetting about the new system, could spoil his whole day. Might also cut back on teen traffic fatalities after the first few Zero Tolerance episodes hit the news.

David Epperson
05-10-2009, 3:36 PM
It would last about a day before someone pulled that first exposed round and separated the belt. Ammo is expensive nowadays. The same rounds would then probably be used to disable the camera.

Pat Germain
05-10-2009, 7:09 PM
Ammo is getting expensive as well as hard to find. Many of my coworkers target shoot on the weekends. They're always complaining how hard it's getting to find ammo. Apparently, there's been a very big run on ammo over the past several months. The reasons get into politics, so I won't go there.

That is a cool graphic. I think I saw one just like that while driving through Switzerland years ago. :)

Belinda Barfield
05-11-2009, 8:31 AM
Ammo is getting expensive as well as hard to find. Many of my coworkers target shoot on the weekends. They're always complaining how hard it's getting to find ammo. Apparently, there's been a very big run on ammo over the past several months. The reasons get into politics, so I won't go there.

That is a cool graphic. I think I saw one just like that while driving through Switzerland years ago. :)

Pat, I sent you a note with a link to a site that has a great article regarding the ammo shortage. The statistics are pretty impressive.

Burt Alcantara
05-11-2009, 8:48 AM
Belinda,
Please send link to me also.

Thanks,
Burt

Craig D Peltier
05-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Anything I saw in Kentucky wouldnt suprise me! :D

Todd Burch
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Belinda - you're mailbox is full. Please send link. Thanks, Todd

Belinda Barfield
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Belinda - you're mailbox is full. Please send link. Thanks, Todd

Sending link Todd. You would not believe how many requests I've had for it. I would post it here but I've already been chastised for a gun thread.

Belinda Barfield
05-11-2009, 2:25 PM
Belinda,
Please send link to me also.

Thanks,
Burt

So, what did you think Burt?

Never mind, I got your e-mail!:)

Dan Bertenthal
05-12-2009, 1:54 AM
On a halfway serious note, they supposedly got something to work on one of our no-longer-rural roads that was being used as a shortcut by commuters. Word had it the speed cameras would trigger a penalty red light.

Belinda Barfield
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Rod and Todd - link sent.

Michael McCoy
05-12-2009, 1:10 PM
Sending link Todd. You would not believe how many requests I've had for it. I would post it here but I've already been chastised for a gun thread.

My way also if you don't mind Belinda.

Jude Tuliszewski
05-13-2009, 9:11 PM
If you would be so kind Belinda, to me as well. I would like one of those for my area, to me it would beat the heck out of all these damnedable speed humps :mad:.

Belinda Barfield
05-14-2009, 9:06 AM
Michael & Jude, link just sent.

Anthony Anderson
05-14-2009, 9:15 AM
Ummm...Belinda...if you don't mind. Please send that link my way also:). Thanks, Bill