PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished

Kent E. Matthew
05-10-2009, 1:08 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/Goose5/misc/smallvanity.jpg

I installed this vanity two years ago. Without the door. My wife says no job is worth doing if it can't be left undone. This one is finally finished. I ran into a problem with the door. I only had a 2" raised panel bit. I assembled the door before routing the outside profile. So, I couldn't figure a way to do that. So, I cut out the raised panel and worked another set of stiles and rails. This time I ran the outside profile before assembly. I thought I had the stain match down, but after the polyurethane it darkened up significantly. I have yet to complete a perfect project, but I am very pleased (along with my wife) that this one is finally in the books.

harry strasil
05-10-2009, 2:19 PM
I would think you could rout the outside afterwards, seems simple and straight forward to me. Just set up the bit and go around the outside. Anyway that's what I would have done.

Larry Edgerton
05-10-2009, 8:05 PM
Looks good to me.

I build cabinets for a living so of course I have a couple of doors that are not done. It speaks volumes about your professionalism that you too have unfinished projects.;)

Larry

Russ Boyd
05-10-2009, 8:25 PM
Looks fine. Just curious..is that Alder?

Kent E. Matthew
05-10-2009, 9:29 PM
It is cherry. I started this project at work before I built my shop. The boss started grumbling so I brought it home and stored it out under my back patio cover. It weathered one cold winter. I bought the wood about three years ago. Usually cherry stains well, but this batch turned out splotchy.