PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield Pro / Product Report

John Fricke
05-10-2009, 10:47 AM
My new Trend arrived late Friday, it spent 24 hours on the charger as recommended. I used it last night while I was roughing out a bowl and doing some sanding. Man is that thing SWEET! It is so nice to go in the house and not be plucking eye buggers from the corners of your eyes all night. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night all congested as usual. I found it comfortable to wear and enjoyable to use. I have a question for loong time owners.....Do you let your batteries run low before recharging or do you recharge nightly to avoid running low during use.

Steve Schlumpf
05-10-2009, 11:12 AM
John - glad to hear that you like your new Trend Pro! I have the non-pro version and use it every time I do any woodworking. I have a couple of batteries - so one is on the charger all the time. I also made up a couple of battery packs that take rechargeable AA batteries for those times when I need a back up to my back up. I do find that after 4 hours of turning I am ready to take a break and am happy to take the Trend off for awhile! I replace the battery pack at the end of the break and get back to turning!

Ken Glass
05-10-2009, 12:03 PM
John,
I have the Air Shield Pro like you. I've had it for about 6 months now. I usually just run it until I feel it has been 6-7 hours and put it on the charger at least over night. I did, however, turn for over 8 hours one day and it never faltered. I have not had any problems with it and I have not cleaned or replaced the filters as they look OK after just face blowing air across them in place. I too, really like not having to cough up particles and dig out the nose boogies.

Harvey M. Taylor
05-10-2009, 5:52 PM
Ihhave the airshield pro and bought the extea battery and charger. A buzz goes off when it needs charging, so I replace it with the other battery. It says to allow` 14 hrs. to re-charge. dont know how I got along without it. Expensive-- yes, but you should see what a lung transplant costs. Max

Ryan Baker
05-10-2009, 6:05 PM
I also got an extra battery and run them until the alarm goes off, then swap batteries. You really can get 8 hours or more out of a battery. But even then, when the battery runs out and you need to keep working, waiting 14 hours isn't much of an option. Having a spare battery is handy.