PDA

View Full Version : help... PCL command 0 error

sunil jain
05-10-2009, 1:08 AM
Hi to every one
:Spirit 25 Watt
Engraving stops at half of the image and error message PCL command error, Press any key to stop is displayed.
Any one faced this type of problem help me.

Rodne Gold
05-10-2009, 3:52 AM
I have never got this error ...but the puter sends all the info to the spirit (PCL = PC link? dunno?)
I would try this first tho. Reseat the RAM in the motherboard and check its ok...

Dan Hintz
05-10-2009, 8:10 AM
PCL = Printer command Language... you have communications issues.

Rodne Gold
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
The spirits DL the whole file to Ram...doesnt communicate with the puter during the job - or shouldn't. Perhaps in this case the ram is insufficient for the job?

Dave Johnson29
05-10-2009, 8:52 PM
Engraving stops at half of the image and error message PCL command error, Press any key to stop is displayed.

Things I would check first.

Have you ever done a file of this size before with no problems? If so, then Rodney may onto something. Try re-seating all the RAM chips. use a small flat blade screwdriver to just lift each end about 1/16" and push it back down. Do both ends. Be gentle as the board is only supported at the corners and copper tracks on the underside can crack if the board is flexed to far.

If that doesn't help, try swapping chips in two places and see if it breaks a different spot.

I don't think it would be communication as it downloads some of it and if Rodney is correct (I am guessing he is) and it downloads it all then starts then that rules out communications.

I am guessing at all of this but that's where I would start. Try to narrow down where the fault may be coming from. The error message may not be the correct one. Programmers often fail to cover **all** errors and they can default to a catch-all error message.

:) When I saw PCL in th Subject, as a programmer my first thought was "Program Control Language," and that may be a syntax error in the program in the error trap area. Are you using the latest firmwear and drivers?

sunil jain
05-11-2009, 9:47 AM
Things I would check first.

Have you ever done a file of this size before with no problems? If so, then Rodney may onto something. Try re-seating all the RAM chips. use a small flat blade screwdriver to just lift each end about 1/16" and push it back down. Do both ends. Be gentle as the board is only supported at the corners and copper tracks on the underside can crack if the board is flexed to far.

If that doesn't help, try swapping chips in two places and see if it breaks a different spot.

I don't think it would be communication as it downloads some of it and if Rodney is correct (I am guessing he is) and it downloads it all then starts then that rules out communications.

I am guessing at all of this but that's where I would start. Try to narrow down where the fault may be coming from. The error message may not be the correct one. Programmers often fail to cover **all** errors and they can default to a catch-all error message.

:) When I saw PCL in th Subject, as a programmer my first thought was "Program Control Language," and that may be a syntax error in the program in the error trap area. Are you using the latest firmwear and drivers?

I use parallel port for data transfer.
i have engraved successfully larger files earlier.
I have tried the photograph with different dpi.
The fille successfully works with 500 dpi. but gives error with 300 dpi or 350 dpi
The error is produced with graphic file. Text are engraved fine without problem.

Dave Johnson29
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
The fille successfully works with 500 dpi. but gives error with 300 dpi or 350 dpi
The error is produced with graphic file. Text are engraved fine without problem.

Hi Sunil,

Sounds like a bug or glitch (fault) in the firmware. Specially so since it works OK at 500dpi but not at 350 and 300.

Can you update or refresh the firmware on the laser? I am not familiar with that machine but Rodney may be more help there with options available to you.

It may be a problem with the firmware memory area. A faulty memory chip maybe. All just guesses though.

Andrea Weissenseel
05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I just ran my first rubber stamp - I've chosen the provided settings for my Spirit and I had the same error come up - but it showed right away and did not even start to laser. I looked through the settings and found out that it had to do with the position.

Also - do you set your graphic the same DPI as you are going to engrave it ? I encountered problems there also.

sunil jain
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanking you guys,

I just ran my first rubber stamp - I've chosen the provided settings for my Spirit and I had the same error come up - but it showed right away and did not even start to laser. I looked through the settings and found out that it had to do with the position.

Also - do you set your graphic the same DPI as you are going to engrave it ? I encountered problems there also.

i strectch graphic 10-15% to increase dot size. I will try to engrave the graphic at same dpi and see for problem