PDA

View Full Version : color map...what i'm i doing wrong

Dale Davies
05-09-2009, 6:12 PM
hi everyone...i'm still working on my dollhouse by laserbuzz and i've run into another problem. What i want to do is to cut out all of the the windows but i don't want the decorations (for a lack of a better word) engraved. So i went to color mapping and deleted the 'RED' and 'BLUE' leaving only the 'BLACK' which is the color that cuts through, but what is happening is it starts out cutting all of the inside cuts and then starts to engrave the decorations and also cut out the outside of the pieces whereas before it would burn all of the red and then cut out all of the inside cut then cut out all of the outside cuts in that order. I don't understand why if the 'RED' is gone from color mapping why it's working. All of my settings are set to vector as per the instructions. My goal here is to cut out all the pieces ...remove tape (to prevent burnt surface) and then finish lasering the decorative part of it. I also tried with everything grouped and then ungrouped but i don't think that would make any differance anyhow, or would it? or are these settings entrenched into the plan/settings and can't be changed. Any help would be deeply appreciated...and thanks for your time...dale p.s i'm using cdx3 with a epilog mini 18 45 watt

Tim Bateson
05-09-2009, 6:41 PM
Dale, All of your lines Black & Red are hairline - thus causing all to vector cut. I would suggest separating what you don't want in the first pass to a page 2 & run each page as separate jobs.

Larry Bratton
05-09-2009, 7:13 PM
Dale:
You also need to uncheck "Combined" in the driver setup window if your going to run them separately. As Tim says, anything that has a hairline outline will be vector cut if vector is specified in the driver. You can run them combined but the things you want to raster you need to change the outline to 2 pts. (smaller may be ok, I forget the exact limit but need to be larger than hairline for sure)

Dale Davies
05-09-2009, 8:09 PM
I thankyou Tim B and Larry B...it's all so easy now...knock on wood (in my case my head). It's all so easy once you know what the answer is. Thanks again and have a great day/night...dale

Bill Cunningham
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM
I usually tell customers that are suppling artwork, to make anyline that cuts, a hairline, and any line you want engraved a minimum of .010.. I think the cutting range on my epilog is hairline to .007 over .007 they engrave, but I tell folks .010 just to be on the safe side..