PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-08-2009, 7:36 AM
Friday May 8,2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

The weather is warm. The grass is growing. It's the weekend. What else could one want?

It was a busy week around here and it will continue into the weekend for me. Today, I'm off to Rockford, IL to pick up my golfing buddy. He's coming back from spending the winter at his home in Vegas. We should be able to start playing next week again.

Tomorrow is a family get together to celebrate our grand-daughters 15th B-day. It's become a yearly thing to celebrate her B-day, which was actually on the 7th. And invariably the weather is rotten for the cookout. It looks like tomorrow is no exception. Today in the 70's. Saturday only in the 50's with rain showers a possibility. Sunday is supposed to be nice again. Oh well, we always have a good time.

I'm almost done with the flag case. Just a couple more coats of wax and I can deliver it. Then it's on to something else.

What's happening in your part of the world? I hope you will have a great time doing whatever you want. Just be SAFE.

Have a great weekend.

Karl

Jim Becker
05-08-2009, 8:39 AM
Well...I'm hoping, believe it or not, to be able to mow the lawn since it's been raining for practically a week. If not, I may need to have the stable owner trailer Elvis, our new horse, down here to eat some of it! Otherwise, it's equestrian activities and planting the 40+ hostas that Fred Voorhees gifted us last weekend and some other outdoor maintenance things. I don't think that any woodworking will get done this weekend.