PDA

View Full Version : Ooh Lah La! Miss Virginia and Pepe the Burro

Keith Outten
08-07-2004, 8:29 AM
Surely you don't think that because I own a Laser Engraver that I don't make a few chips every now and then. Just to put your minds at ease I offer you a few pictures of my wooden children.

1st Picture - Pepe my fourth burro project at the Guinnea Jubilee and the lovely lady is Miss Virginia 2002.

2nd Picture - Our portable photography booth (trailer) that we use for local events to take free pictures of children of all ages as a way of promoting our company. From left to right is Pedro, Pepe, Juanita, William the Goat and Aaron Koehl our SawMill Creek Administrator on the extreme right side.

3rd Picture - Antonio the Bull and a special photo setup we created for another local event.

4th Picture - Our first rocking animal born 15 years ago in my first real workshop. The Gray Mare wasn't given a name however she is still in my family as my niece currently owns her.

Keith Outten
08-07-2004, 8:38 AM
5th and 6th Pictures - Clyde and Dale are under construction and have been for over a year. I really hope to finish at least the first Clydesdale this fall and then build the Conestoga wagon for them.

Jay Knoll
08-07-2004, 8:56 AM
Keith

Fantastic stuff, what a great idea, and wonderfully done, you've got to grin everytime you take them out

Jay

Ed Jantz
08-07-2004, 9:53 AM
WOW...Beautiful work. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Todd Burch
08-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Wow Keith - that replica of Miss Virginia is FANTASTIC!!!

Jim Ketron
08-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Hey Keith nice work!

BTW where's the Donkey that's sup to be in the front of them:D
Jim

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=9378&stc=1

Dennis Peacock
08-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Wow Keith - that replica of Miss Virginia is FANTASTIC!!!

Agreed!!! Very, VERY Life Like!!! :D

Really nice work there Keith!!!!

Care to share the plans??? :confused: On the horses that is. :rolleyes:

Keith Outten
08-08-2004, 2:01 AM
Dennis,

Funny you should ask about the plans. I purchased all of the plans from a company called Wooden Memories. Recently I was checking their web site and found that it is no longer available so I called the phone number from their catalog. The phone is no longer in service so I contacted their ISP after tracking the domain name back to the DNS server. The ISP did not have any information other than the web site was removed by the owner.

Ken Williams is the name of the woodworker who designed all the plans for Wooden Memories. I purchased the mare, burro, clydesdale, pig, oxen, goat, camel, bull, reindeer, sleigh, garden gnomes, hay-wagon and the conestoga wagon. I'm not sure at this point if Ken has just gone out of business or what happened but lots of people have contacted me via email with questions concerning where to purchase the plans. If we could find out who is the rightful owner of the copyright we might be able to obtain permission to copy the plans or purchase them.

Possibly one of our members who lives near Bear Lake Pennsylvania could find out more information concerning Ken Williams or his company Wooden Memories.

Tyler Howell
08-08-2004, 5:55 AM
Great Lines, beautiful form, excellent finish, great attention to detail........ oh there are animals in the picture????:p
Thanks for sharing. Very fine work Keith
;)

Chris Padilla
08-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Very nice work, Keith! If you're selling plans for Ms. Virginia...I'm buyin'! :D

Kenn Osborne
08-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Excellent work!! My daughter wood love one of those.

BTW: How come the jackasses always get the girl :)

Keith Outten
08-10-2004, 7:13 AM
Kenn,

Actually the Goat is the most popular when we do events, more kids choose William than any other animal. When the clydesdale is complete it will definately take the top spot. The burros have those really sad eyes and are hard for the ladies to resist.

There are a few people who follow the events I participate in and will always show up to see if I have a new animal to have their children photographed on, I just wish I had more time to build more animals as they are the most rewarding projects I have ever done. The burro has a magazine rack included in the plans and my Dad and I have designed a lamp that clamps to the rocker. When the kids grow up the burro keeps working...untill the next generation is ready to ride off into the sunset :)

The picture below is Antonio the Bull and his new found friends, this is what it's all about :)