PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here have trouble installing Nero on PC

Craig D Peltier
05-04-2009, 7:59 PM
I had it installed an it wasnt recognizing my dvd drive so it couldnt burn. So I looked online and didnt find much so I called at $1.39 a minute , talked for 28 minutes.
He told me uninstall it using the Nero Cleanse tool and reinstall it. Well for one the cleanse tool stinks. I have turned off antivirus and user controls an uninstalled. I have deleted all Temporary files and went into registry to delete any files. In my control panel / uninstall programs area I have 35 Nero files that cant be removed!
On top of that when trying to install it , and error comes up on install. Failed install must rollback AKA the rollback error. Its widely talked about on the internet. Heres one link from there forum. http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=839

So anyhow the tech support wont talk to me anymore via email , says that its another problem now. I said yeah you $70 program wont even install after you told me to uninstall it! Im really becoming anti nero amongst may others. It was good when it was nero 6. I wonder if my password for nero 9 will work with a copy of 6?
Anyone else have issues installing and what they did to fix it?

Im running Vista 64 bit.

Chuck Wintle
05-04-2009, 8:10 PM
I had it installed an it wasnt recognizing my dvd drive so it couldnt burn. So I looked online and didnt find much so I called at $1.39 a minute , talked for 28 minutes.
He told me uninstall it using the Nero Cleanse tool and reinstall it. Well for one the cleanse tool stinks. I have turned off antivirus and user controls an uninstalled. I have deleted all Temporary files and went into registry to delete any files. In my control panel / uninstall programs area I have 35 Nero files that cant be removed!
On top of that when trying to install it , and error comes up on install. Failed install must rollback AKA the rollback error. Its widely talked about on the internet. Heres one link from there forum. http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=839

So anyhow the tech support wont talk to me anymore via email , says that its another problem now. I said yeah you $70 program wont even install after you told me to uninstall it! Im really becoming anti nero amongst may others. It was good when it was nero 6. I wonder if my password for nero 9 will work with a copy of 6?
Anyone else have issues installing and what they did to fix it?

Im running Vista 64 bit.

Craig,
i had a similar problem when I installed Nero last year. Nero kept detecting a previous version and no matter what i did, used the nero cleaner tool, deleted all registry references, and any other file i could find it would not install. i finally had to reinstall xp so windows would be completely free of all previous versions of nero.
Finally I got fed up with Nero because of the huge install time required for each update and just got rid of it for good. I found a free program that can handle 95% of all my burning needs. It installs and works perfectly. :D:D

Craig D Peltier
05-04-2009, 8:48 PM
Craig,
i had a similar problem when I installed Nero last year. Nero kept detecting a previous version and no matter what i did, used the nero cleaner tool, deleted all registry references, and any other file i could find it would not install. i finally had to reinstall xp so windows would be completely free of all previous versions of nero.
Finally I got fed up with Nero because of the huge install time required for each update and just got rid of it for good. I found a free program that can handle 95% of all my burning needs. It installs and works perfectly. :D:D
Hi Charles I have been looking at other programs. Which one did you go with?
Thanks

Dick Strauss
05-04-2009, 8:50 PM
Craig,
OT Comments about Nero...
I really liked the Nero software. However, my version of Nero used to make hissing and popping noises in low level areas of the discs. It had something to do with the buffering scheme used by the software. I didn't realize this until making dozens of copies of CDs for use in the car (:().
Hopefully Nero has solved this issue by now.

Once I switched to Roxio, I haven't looked back. It doesn't burn discs as fast but does so without the bad artifacts (now that we aren't listening to vinyl).

Chuck Wintle
05-04-2009, 9:24 PM
I am using ImgBurn now. :D