PDA

View Full Version : How many milk crates do you have?

Brian Hale
08-06-2004, 9:39 PM
Just curious....

I just counted 23 in my shop used for ....

step stools
3 tier shelving with pine boards
storage bins for the stuff i should trash
car care products
stains and finishes

Brian

Tyler Howell
08-06-2004, 10:02 PM
You win.

I have been steeling them back from my kids for shop needs.;)

Charles McKinley
08-07-2004, 2:17 PM
If they are real milk creates (and you get caught) they will cost you $300 each in PA. :( There was such a problem with them being stollen there was a law passed with the $300 fine. A statement to this effect is stamped on to the side of each crate so there is no claiming ignorance. The cheap ones sold in department stores are no where near as strong.

Tyler Howell
08-07-2004, 2:30 PM
I got the cheap ones!!!! but there is one old metal one that came with the house. It's bullet proof.;)

Brian Hale
08-07-2004, 2:36 PM
Hmmmmmm... I wonder if the Statute of Limitations apply? I've had these for a couple decades.

$6,900.00 storage system....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dennis Peacock
08-07-2004, 2:39 PM
Ain't got no milk crates, but I do have 5 gallon buckets!!!! ;)

Drywallers have TONS of these that you can get for the overwhelming price of: Free :D

Now...where can I find me some of those "milk crates"? :p :rolleyes:

Brian Hale
08-07-2004, 3:03 PM
Now...where can I find me some of those "milk crates"? :p :rolleyes:
I hear you can get them in Pa. for next to nothing. :rolleyes:

Brian

Lee Schierer
08-08-2004, 9:56 AM
When my children were young, we decided that milk crates stacked on theri sides and bolted together would make a good toy shelf and storage area for them. I contacted a local dairy in Charlestown, SC and asked if I could buy some milk crates. After he recovered from teh shock, we made arrangements to meet. When I got there he took me to a storage area where they had dozens of brand new milk crates. He sold me the 20 that I wanted and kept saying the whole time..."most people just steal them, I can't believe you are actually buying them:. The cost was about $3.00 each, quite reasonable as well. My kids still have and use those milk crates.

Steve Clardy
08-08-2004, 8:11 PM
I have three. Sure handy for hauling c-clamps to job sites for those bendy staircase handrails.:)
And I ain't been nowhere CLOSE to PA.,:eek: promise. Only been in ten states surrounding MO.;)

Steve

Don Selke
08-10-2004, 3:04 AM
I have four milk crates and they are made out of solid wood with metal banding. have had them since I was a kid. My first woodworking material which I used to make a wooden wagon was from produce crates from the local grocery store. Produce used to be delivered in wood crates. The milk was delivered in glass bottles with all the cream at the top.
Boy, am I showing my age!!!!!!