PDA

View Full Version : Wow..what a difference...

Russell Svenningsen
08-06-2004, 7:00 PM
...a few days can make. A couple of weeks ago I had posted that I had gotten a new job teaching in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and would be moving soon. At the time, I had my hat in the ring for a few different jobs, one of which was a college professorship, and with a Masters, but an incomplete doctorate(for now), a long shot. At any rate, I got that job. I am the new Director of Choral Activities at Southwest Minnesota State University. So, instead of moving the wife and kids to the Twin Cities, we're moving to Marshall, MN. Coincidentally, my wife's home town. Life is crazy sometimes.

Marshall...here we come! Any Creekers out that way?

Cheers,
Russell

Chris Padilla
08-06-2004, 7:23 PM
Congrats, Russell. Life is what it is sometimes! :) Uh, what are Choral activities--is that music?

Jim Becker
08-06-2004, 7:47 PM
Congratulations, Russell! Life can be good sometimes!! And do tell about the new job in a little more detail...enquiring minds want to know. :D

Michael Perata
08-06-2004, 7:47 PM
Life is what it is sometimes!

Chris, one of my favorite quotable people was Gertrude Stein: "Life is like a carrot is a carrot is a carrot." (She also penned "There is no there" about Oakland.)

Russell - pat yourself on the back. A professorhip with an incomplete doctorate is not bad, not bad at all.

Tyler Howell
08-06-2004, 9:39 PM
Russ,

Were going to miss you here in the hood. We can use more Creeker type folks.
But anywhere in Viking Land is a great place to be. Welcome!;)

Kelly C. Hanna
08-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Congrats on the job and the move...bet the wife is happy!!!

Jack Young
08-07-2004, 7:10 AM
Marshall-

Congratulations. And it's almost like going "home." As a work environment, I can't think of anything better than working with a renewing crop of youngsters. Some say it keeps you young, as well. Now, campus politics is something else, but you already know about that.

Jack

Rob Russell
08-07-2004, 7:54 AM
Best of luck at the new job!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-07-2004, 9:01 AM
Russell, Congrats! Life's kinda funny sometimes.......just when it looks like you have limited opportunities.....something else pops up......I do believe when making decisions some opportunities only present themselves once....you make your decision and "get on with it!". Again.....Congrats!