PDA

View Full Version : Delta 36-600 motors

Thomas Stephenson
05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey Gang, I,m in need of a little help here. I have an older model Delta 36-600 Tablesaw that keeps shutting down. I replaced the motor after it kept burning up brushes and now the Replacement motor is starting to do the same as the 1 I replaced. It starts to lose power during a cut and then quits altogether. I,m using a short(15ft) 12 Ga. ext cord on a 20 amp breaker.The replacement motor was not new but out of another 36-600 I p/u for $30 so it could be indictive to the yr motor perhaps. Any thing else I,m missing here or is this just a crappy tablesaw/motor combination made by Delta?

scott spencer
05-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Have you replaced the brushes in the replacement motor at all? IMO, the 36-600 isn't worth spending a bunch of money on, but you might find another used replacement motor cheap...the TS300, and a few predecessors were pretty much the same machine.

Chris Rosenberger
05-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Have you checked that you have 120 volts at the outlet?

Thomas Stephenson
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I have not replaced the brushes yet but will. I,ve only got about $45 in both saws, Yes I got the replacement motor intact with a complete saw. The original saw was only used to build a small deck wih and garage kept. So I,m beginning to wonder if its just another crappy jap motor stuck in that series saw thats bad by design. It works well when running but $200+ for a new motor is just not in its future. Perhaps its time to go Craigslisting for a used cabinet saw wih all the shops closing here in Atl.

Thomas Stephenson
05-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes the outlets fine. I run Planer and Jointer at that outlet w/no problems