PDA

View Full Version : edge sander belts

jack duren
03-19-2003, 8:14 PM
i have a 6x80 grizzly edge sander. i have located some 6x79 sanding belts. not the correct size but an interesting price.

does anyone see a reason why these belts would not work? i know they would be a bit tight but you pull the arm to release and let it back to tighten. i would assume the tracking would be the same when tightened to the 79" size belt.

i pay $8.00ea for custom made belts and these 79" are cheap. so what do ya think?....thx jack

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-19-2003, 9:15 PM
Click here..Klingspor Premium Belts (http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/0ABACC9F/mac/template.mac/loadHtmlPage?htmlPage=chart_premium_belts.htm)

Klingspor's best belts 60X80 are $9-12.(Depends on grit) Get a 10% discount with 5 belts. You can mix the order and get belts for your handheld, etc. These are top of the line, not bargain belts. Get the belt cleaner (Big rubber eraser thing). It works.

jack duren
03-19-2003, 9:31 PM
thx fer the reply but im an unhappy customer of klingspor. dont like there sanding belts . :mad: a VSM user myself. but the grizzly is an oddball size. www.ballewtools.com makes my belts $8.00 is there one at a time price. bought one to see how they worked out and there fantastic. but a great deal is even better and its time for some more ;) thx for the reply....jack

Bill Sams
03-20-2003, 6:29 AM
check out www.supergrit.com, good company, priced in packs of 10.

Steve Clardy
03-20-2003, 1:11 PM
Yep, couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys than at Ballew Tools in Springfield, MO. I have all my sharpening done there, molding and shaper cutters made there, buy most of my Porter Cable Tools there. Great Service.

jack duren
03-20-2003, 7:52 PM
here is the reason i asked the question. i prefer VSM but 3M makes good belts as well. but generally higher priced. these were too good to pass up for the price. yep im the lucky winner....thx jack http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25264&item=2515723619&rd=1 ...

Steve Clardy
03-20-2003, 8:18 PM
Jack, you came out like a cat covering up stinko. 20 belts for that price, can't beat a deal like that.