PDA

View Full Version : help needed

Dale Davies
05-02-2009, 11:32 PM
hi everyone...i'm working on a laserbuzz victorian doll house and i want to engrave a brick design on certain parts of the house. My problem is that i can't figure out how to delete the bricks from the cut-out areas and also i noticed that the 2 bottom 45* degree cutouts have disappeared (?). One other thing is that, will i be able to add these bricks on top of toms pattern with his settings. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time...dale I using coreldrawx3:)

Tim Bateson
05-02-2009, 11:39 PM
You need to change those pieces from "Postscript Fill" to "Uniform Fill" - white

Dale Davies
05-03-2009, 2:21 AM
thanks Tim...i'll give it a try in the morning...i may be back

Joe Hayes
05-03-2009, 8:07 AM
Ungroup and turn the window area white I should not engraver but will cut out with a vector outline. The cutout tabs at the bottom were just under you fill. Select the area they should be in then right click, go to order, then "To front of page" I have attached the file.

Dale Davies
05-03-2009, 2:50 PM
thanks guys (tim and joe)...this little project as been quite a nightmare from the beginning. The $80 disc ended up costing me $184.00 with the shipping price (no problem with that) and on top of that was another $25 for international shipping...then there's ups shipping fee and why they stuck it in a box that measured 10x10x8 is beyond me, we're talking about 1 disc. I'm a big fan of old time radio shows and have bought lots and lots of cds worth alot more money than this and never ran into this BS. This is by NO means laserbuzzs fault.It is my fault for buying it from this company (i don't know if i can say what company this is, so i won't). I did however send a couple questions to laserbuzz whereas i never got a response...may-be they never recieved the e-mails,who knows. That is why i turned to the pro's. Now that i have that off my chest.....i can't delete the org.one (the one without the bricks). It won't ungroup and it's not locked...i've tried everyway i can think of, which isn't much at this point. To be honest i'm at the point of sending this back to last week, if you know what i mean

Dave Johnson29
05-03-2009, 7:10 PM
It won't ungroup and it's not locked...i've tried everyway i can think of, which isn't much at this point. To be honest i'm at the point of sending this back to last week, if you know what i mean

Select it and go to the Arrange menu and select Ungroup All.

To save you some hair tearing and if you are like me, you are nearly out, is this what you need?

Dale Davies
05-04-2009, 3:48 PM
hi dave...thanks for all your help...i saved the file, imported into cd and selected it but it won't ungroup. The locks are not on, i tried using the "alt" to try and select it but no luck. Do you have any suggestions what i can try? thanks again

Mike Null
05-04-2009, 4:25 PM
Try this one.

Dave Johnson29
05-04-2009, 4:29 PM
Dale,

What version of Corel are you using? The file I attached is in version 10. Just open it instead of Importing.

You could try resetting to the factory defaults, but before you do that go to
Tools
..Options
....Workspace

Export the work space so you can come back (Import) to it if you do not like the factory defaults.

Close Corel.

Start Corel again and as soon as you click it to start hold down the F8 key befoire anything appears on the screen. You have to be quick. Answer the question to confirm defaults.

Open the CDR I attached and it should all be ready for you to use.

Dale Davies
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
thanks tim, joe, mike and dave. It still won't ungroup. I'm going to dump this little problem and start over. I tried a simple set-up and no problems, so i guess the rule simple is best will apply here. Thanks for your time... p.s dave i'm using corel x3

Mike Null
05-05-2009, 6:09 AM
Dale

Sorry, but I think I'm just now understanding what you want to do. You want to ungroup the bricks.

Here's a little trick I found by accident when I was trying to do the same thing. Post Script fills cannot be ungrouped nor can the color be changed. But if you convert the file to a PDF then open it again you can ungroup and change color.

Strange, but it works.

Dale Davies
05-06-2009, 1:34 AM
mike your awesome...THANK-YOU very much and thanks to all...till next time...