PDA

View Full Version : Sticky's

Cody Colston
05-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not trying to rock the boat but does anyone besides me think that 8 sticky's at the top of this forum is about 7 too many?

I think SMC may need a dedicated sticky page. ;)

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Better than ads.:D;):rolleyes::cool:

alex carey
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Nahh, they all seem important enough, not a huge deal to scroll a little bit.

phil harold
05-03-2009, 1:12 AM
I'm not trying to rock the boat but does anyone besides me think that 8 sticky's at the top of this forum is about 7 too many?

I think SMC may need a dedicated sticky page. ;)

First page is fine but on every page???

I have gotten used to it now...

Keith Outten
05-03-2009, 6:21 AM
I cleaned up several of the sticky's, the rest belong to someone else.

Rasmus Petersen
05-03-2009, 6:58 AM
Great keith! It annoyed me also :-) A few stickeys is ok but that many was slightly annoying..

Cody Colston
05-03-2009, 8:20 AM
Thanks, Keith.

Steve Schlumpf
05-03-2009, 8:21 AM
The only one I control is the Tuner's Photo Galleries sticky. That was put in place to allow others to locate those turners with galleries. Since then, Aaron modified the software so that all a person has to do when viewing a post is click on the name of that poster and a drop down menu appears that lists Public Profile, View Gallery, Send Private Message, etc.

So, the Photo Gallery Sticky could be removed if everyone wants. Wouldn't be quite as convenient as having a one stop list - but folks could still find your gallery.

I'm open to suggestions. PM me if you would like it removed. If I get, oh, say 25 requests to remove it, then it will be removed. 25 is just a number I picked out of the air but figure that would be a high number of PMs as most folks probably do not care one way or the other... ??

curtis rosche
05-03-2009, 9:43 AM
keep it Steve. onther wise you would then have to go find the person to find the gallery

Burt Alcantara
05-03-2009, 9:46 AM
Doesn't bother me. In fact, I usually get around to reading them when things are slow. So, I don't mind them. There probably should be a limit.

Scott Conners
05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I use the gallery listing all the time, usually to find my own =P

It was the stickies about things back in Sept '08 and such that were cluttering things up, it's a fair bit better now.