PDA

View Full Version : T-square fence cradle?

Jason White
05-02-2009, 4:11 PM
I need something to hold my Biesemeyer fence on the side of my cabinet saw (a "cradle??") while I'm not using it. I've seen pairs of steel brackets that attach to the cabinet of the saw but can't find them for purchase anywhere.

Suggestions?

Jason

Bob Vallaster
05-02-2009, 6:26 PM
eBay item number 120402448119. $16.70/pair shipped.
I've had good results from this seller, and he regularly has NOS parts for a wide range of Delta tools.

BobV

glenn bradley
05-02-2009, 7:08 PM
Those clips came standard on my saw (along with the Beis commercial). I found it troubling to hit both cradles without dinging the fence. I took some scrap pieces and made a tray. I cut two pairs of slots to accept the cradle tangs and now even a goof like me can just slide the fence right in and out without banging into stuff.

Paul Ryan
05-02-2009, 7:24 PM
SC saws come with the brakets as well. My SS did not and I wish it had. I have been thinking of calling my local SC distrubitor and ordering some of the hanger brakets.

Rod Sheridan
05-02-2009, 8:11 PM
Come on guys, this is a woodworking forum.

Buy steel brackets that one person has already explained why they don't work well?

Time to make a U or Z shape with some laminate on it so your fence slides into it nicely.

Regards, Rod.

Larry Edgerton
05-03-2009, 9:36 AM
I just screwed a box on the underside of my extension table about a 1/4" bigger ID than the fence and about 16" long, and slide it in. Buy a bracket? I'm too cheap......

John Thompson
05-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Just build it.. it won't take 30 minutes and you have the option of customizing it to accept other things.

Sarge..