PDA

View Full Version : Wa Hoo!

Chris Rae
05-02-2009, 2:32 PM
No one will be as excited as I am about this thread, but I practiced with my skew today! I didn't let it intimidate me and I didn't get a catch! It really was a lot of fun. I've been turning about 8 or 9 months and when I first started I really scared myself with it :eek: and put it on the shelf. It's been sitting there and I've been learning in general and studying about how to use it. I finally hauled it out today and success!! I just wanted to share with people who would understand. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-02-2009, 2:37 PM
Congratulations Chris!

The skew is one of my favorite if not my favorite tool. It primarily takes 2 things.......sharp...sharp...sharp and ride that bevel!

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-02-2009, 2:42 PM
I LOVE it when a plan comes together! WAY TO GO. A Skew is one of the MOST versatile tools in the bag.

Bruce

Bernie Weishapl
05-02-2009, 2:43 PM
Well Ken looks like we got another one. Chris I have about 5 different skews. It is my favorite tool from the 1/4" round to the big Lacer skew. As Ken said, sharp and ride the bevel. Lacer's DVD on using the skew is probably one of the best. I studied it at least a half dozen times.

Congrats Chris.

Steve Schlumpf
05-02-2009, 3:10 PM
Congrats Chris! I do not use the skew very much at all because of the type of turnings that I do - but it sure is nice to be able to get those clean cuts when I do use it! Have fun with it!

Toney Robertson
05-02-2009, 4:08 PM
Congrats Chris. I only have one question.

What's a skew? ;)

I know I sure can't use one.

Toney