PDA

View Full Version : Wine Glass

Dave Russell Smith
05-01-2009, 1:54 PM
Had my yearly medical and my Doc told me to stick to one glass of wine a day :(, so went out and found my new wine glass which also will be the next project, any idea's apart from drinking the contents of the bottle.Yes thats a full size bottle of wine as well

Steven Wallace
05-01-2009, 2:51 PM
No one can say that you did not adhere to the advice of the doctor!!! More old drunks than there are old doctors...

Tim Bateson
05-01-2009, 3:53 PM
Who uses a glass? Too much time is wasted trying not to bruise it as it gets poured. :D Besides, that glass could hold a couple bottles.

Mike Null
05-01-2009, 4:22 PM
One of my jobs for the weekend is to engrave some stainless steel flasks.

Did you ever hear of a 64 oz. flask. I'll post a pic when I finish.

Paul Brinkmeyer
05-01-2009, 8:14 PM
Heart doc says 1 glass wine daily for the heart
1 glass a day for the blood arteries (same heart doctor)
1 beer a day helps memory
1 wiskey drink a day for the joints
1 drink a day for the muscles.
And some old guy on CNN said he lived to be 100 by having a shot of booze every day. (He smoked too, but I decided it was to hard to quit to start again. BTW I used the electric paddle method to quit smoking. They put one paddle right under my shirt pocket. It hurt for 3 months to remind me not to smoke. It worked good, but I still do not recommend it.)

And this is just my morning routine.

If anyone else knows any other medical things booze helps Please let me know, this cutting back is hard on me.

Michael Simpson Virgina
05-01-2009, 8:52 PM
I have type 2 Diabetes. A shot or two of the hard stuff will lower my blood sugar 40 points real fast. I asked my doctor why don't you tell your Diabetic patients this. He said legal reasons.

I love wine but cant drink it cause it raises my blood sugar. On the other hand a glass of wine followed by a shot of 80 proof rum would probably work but too many of those and I wont get any work done.

Frank Corker
05-02-2009, 9:14 PM
Now that is what I call a glass! What does it hold about half a gallon?

Dave Russell Smith
05-03-2009, 1:36 AM
It holds a U.S gallon :D no need to keep filling my glass, also found a gallon coffee mug as well :eek: for the morning after :rolleyes:

Bill Cunningham
05-03-2009, 9:42 AM
It's a good job the doctor didn't tell you that you needed exercise and to walk 2 miles a day, because right now you would be 4 to 6 miles from home (depending on when you started) and not have access to your wine or glass :eek: