PDA

View Full Version : Interview needed

Dan Hintz
05-01-2009, 9:05 AM
I just noticed we have a forum for interviews of SMC peeps (all turners to this point, though).

I think we need to do some burner interviews... I vote Frank or Rodney as first up :)

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2009, 9:40 AM
I agree Dan. I've always wondered why only turners were interviewed. I think it's because Andy Hoyt is the driving force behind the interviews. One burner has been interviewed though, Nancy Laird. So, Frank or Rodney will have to be second.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2009, 9:42 AM
I agree Dan. I've always wondered why only turners were interviewed. I think it's because Andy Hoyt is the driving force behind the interviews. One burner has been interviewed though, Nancy Laird. So, Frank or Rodney will have to be second.

'Cause turners are cool....handsome...intelligent...I could go on and on!:D

Dan Hintz
05-01-2009, 9:49 AM
One burner has been interviewed though, Nancy Laird.
Funny, that's the one interview I read (because I recognized the name) ;)

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2009, 9:56 AM

Well, silly me! Of course they are Ken! I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Burners are interesting, smart, and sexy . . .

Keith Outten
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM

COOL! You ain't seen cool until you have watched a laser cut a project cleaner and smoother than any blade on any machine :)
I could go on and on as well bragging about some of the beautiful work I have seen here....from both groups I might add :)

Ya'll keep up the good work no matter what your machine of choice is, I'm lovin it..................keep on turnin and burnin :)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2009, 11:50 AM
COOL! You ain't seen cool until you have watched a laser cut a project cleaner and smoother than any blade on any machine :)
I could go on and on as well bragging about some of the beautiful work I have seen here....from both groups I might add :)

Ya'll keep up the good work no matter what your machine of choice is, I'm lovin it..................keep on turnin and burnin :)

And who am I to argue with "The Boss"?:)

Lee DeRaud
05-01-2009, 12:20 PM
One burner has been interviewed though, Nancy Laird. So, Frank or Rodney will have to be second.Third, actually, unless Andy deleted my interview when I wasn't looking. :p

Steven Wallace
05-01-2009, 1:36 PM
Where are they located?

Dan Hintz
05-01-2009, 1:49 PM
The forum is titled Member Interviews:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Steven Wallace
05-01-2009, 1:55 PM
thanks for the info

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2009, 2:16 PM
Third, actually, unless Andy deleted my interview when I wasn't looking. :p

Sorry about that Lee. I forgot about your interview. :o

Anthony Welch
05-01-2009, 7:58 PM
Since I turn and burn, I think I should be ahead of Frank and Rodney......:D

Just kidding.... I'm not worth interviewing......yet!

Anthony

John W. Love
05-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I can just see Frank's interview now"

Andy Hoyt: Frank when did you first become interested in Lasers?

Frank: Well, I was just a wee lad playing with my magnifying glass burning ants, when the idea came to mind that I could increase the diameter of the lens, attach it to a previous invention of mine called a bifarcular solar attractor, which would allow it to follow the sun's path across the sky allowing me to always capture the maximum amount of sunlight. From there I could increase the focal length and this would allow me to brand the school bullies that would terrorize me during recess.

Andy Hoyt: I see, who was the first person you lasered?

Frank: Billy McGuire was the first of my school chums that I lasered. Every Tuesday and Thursday he would beat me up and take my lunch money and call me names like Laserhead. At the time I didn't realize what a compliment he was paying me. I remember young Billy was quite the wiggler once the laser hit him. I had to make a special template just to hold him in place.

Andy Hoyt: Ooookayyyyy. So, what was the first design that you lasered on young Billy Mcguire?

Frank: Well, It took quite a while to decide on which graphic that I wanted to do. Even though that was in my early days of graphic collecting, I still had over 3.5 million pictures to sift through. It was a bit of a hardship keeping Billy quite during those long exhaustive weeks of sifting through graphics. I finally decided to etch the French Flag and the New York Yankees logo on to his forehead as these were two that I wouldnt have to clean up too much. I had Coreldraw 1 at that time and it did take a bit of time to clean up a graphic to my standards.

Andy Hoyt: What ever happened to young Billy Mcguire?

Frank: Oh I still see him from time to time. I will catch him at the pub drinking capacinno and eating hotdogs. He doesn't seem to want to chat much about the good old days with me. I'm not sure why.

Lee DeRaud
05-02-2009, 2:02 AM
One question that absolutely has to be on the list:
"Did you ever re-enact the 'crotch laser' scene from 'Goldfinger' using the groom from a wedding cake decoration?"

Frank Corker
05-02-2009, 9:10 PM
John, you crack me up! I don't really think I'd make for smart reading, but I do think that Rodney would have a lot to tell, he most certainly does inspire a lot of people here on the creek that's for sure.