PDA

View Full Version : 4 new ones headed to the gallery

Jeff Nicol
05-01-2009, 8:47 AM
Good morning VORTEX!!

Here are 4 pieces I finished this last week that are headed to the art gallery today. This weekend is our annual family artists show so I needed some new pieces to show. There are 2 turned from Aspen, one of Black cherry burl and the last is a NE black ash piece. The aspen pieces and the black ash piece are finished with a mineral oil bees wax that I make and the Black cherry bowl has a little, shellac, CA, and wipe on poly to finish it off! The shellac and CA were used to stabilize some punky spots, and it worked great. Wish me luck this weekend as I will put all the older work 10% off and some of it will be taken out and replaced with the new. The first bowl is 9"x3", the 2nd is 9.75"x4.25" the 3rd is 6"x3" and the 4th is 6.5"x3.5".

Thanks for checking them out!

Jeff

David Walser
05-01-2009, 8:52 AM
I like each of the bowls, but the black cherry burl bowl is particularly nice. The crisp details of the bowl's form contrast nicely with the wild explosion of swirling grain.

I hope your show goes well and you sell your work for a price you can be proud of. Those bowls deserve to be displayed in someone's home.

Burt Alcantara
05-01-2009, 9:09 AM
Beautiful work. Good luck on the sale.

Burt

Steve Schlumpf
05-01-2009, 9:09 AM
Very nice work Jeff - on everything! Best of luck with your sales this weekend! Hope you sell everything and you are forced to turn some more!!!

I also like the black cherry because of the intensity of the grain/color! Pretty wild stuff and should grab someone's attention!

Good luck!

Bernie Weishapl
05-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Those are beauties Jeff. I to like the black cherry.

Chris Rae
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Beautiful bowls! Good luck on your sales!

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
VERY WELL DONE on all, but I am TOTALLY in love with the BLACK CHERRY BURL!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

Richard Madison
05-01-2009, 12:50 PM
And very nice job on the NE, saving all the bark!

Toney Robertson
05-01-2009, 12:57 PM
They are all very nice but like others have said the cherry burl is wonderful.

Good luck on your sales.

Toney

Greg Haugen
05-01-2009, 1:35 PM
Those are beautiful pieces Jeff!! Good Luck this weekend!!

alex carey
05-01-2009, 2:33 PM
The black cherry takes the cake. Good luck this weekend.

Jim Kountz
05-01-2009, 4:32 PM
Well Jeff as usual they all look really nice, love the black cherry though!!

Jeff Nicol
05-02-2009, 7:11 AM
Very Wood morning to all!

Thanks for all your kind words, when I dropped them off and got them all listed on the consignment sheets, there were people in the gallery just drooling over them! I also took the big white pine knotty vase, the naturally pierced butternut crotchwood piece and the white pine/indian rosewood pedestal HF to the gallery. One lady wanted to by the pine one right there on the spot, but she said she will come pick it up after the show! Pricing is always a hard thing but I think I do O.K. for my location and if I was in a gallery out west where money seems to grow on trees for the Hollywood crowd I could get 4 to 5 times the price!! Maybe some day!

Have a great day all!

Jeff

Matt Ranum
05-02-2009, 8:44 AM
Beautiful bowls Jeff and congrats on the "pre" show sale!