PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-01-2009, 8:24 AM
Friday May 1, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

WOW!!! It's May already. It's been a mixed week weather wise up here. Some rain. Some sun. Lotsa wind. And mostly cool temps, although comfortable. We are supposed to have a great weekend weather wise with sun and warming temps.

It's been a good week for me, as I've got the flag case assembled and ready for finishing. Should have it done and delivered sometime next week. Then it's on to something else.

This weekend will be devoted to working on the yard. I'm sure I'll have to mow, however I need to get the lawn rolled to smooth out the bumps first. I also need to put the tiller on the JD and dig up a small section to plant some veggies. Along with that the grandkids are coming down Saturday and they've requested my home made pizza. That will take up a few hours Saturday. Catch the race Sunday and that should pretty much take care of my weekend.

How's your weekend shaping up? Family? Fun? Games? Work? Relax and do nothing? Whatever, you're up to, I hope it's a good weekend and a SAFE one.

Karl

Jeff Ranck
05-01-2009, 9:37 AM
The weather this morning is beautiful in the seattle area, but we're scheduled for rain tomorrow. If we get a day without rain, I'll probably plant the garden. Then hopefully into the shop to try and figure out why I can't get the soldering correct on a dust collector modification I'm trying to build. I've decided I know abosolutely nothing about metal working and can't quite figure out how to find someone to teach me.

Jeff.

Greg Deakins
05-01-2009, 9:55 AM
I will be applying a few more coats to some more candle holders and wine racks, as well as setting up a "store in a store" in town. There we will have these, but also a good selection of LOML's palm wax candles. Tonight we will head over to her parents for her Mothers' birthday. Sunday will be very nice out and it may bring about some hiking or fly fishing. My garden went in wednesday, all direct sown things that is, seedlings of tomato and pepper might go in this weekend as the weather appears to be steady for the near future. I absolutely love this time of year!

Jim O'Dell
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I've got to work 8 til noon or so tomorrow am. :( But, hey, it's my turn. ;) I just about have all the kinks worked out of my ZCI, and need to make the final Corian patterns so I can make the one I will use.
Need to do some shopping, maybe shoes and definately a belt. I have to find a small hex wrench to tighten the bearing keeper on my pattern bit so I can finish the ZCI. We have a rescue coming back into foster care on Sunday, so will have to work her back into the pack. Mavs/Nugget game on Sunday is a definate watch.
Have a good weekend all, and be safe and healthy. Jim.