PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity in our presence!

John W. Love
05-01-2009, 2:26 AM
So, I am reading through A&E May 2009 Magazine that just arrived and I see that Tom "Buzz" Bernard, (One of my favorite columnists btw) has an article entitled "What to Tryin In A Slow Economy". I notice the jewelry and think that I have seen some of those pictures posted in these very forums. I read further and notice that Jackie McGowan is listed as the creator of these works of art!
Congrats Jackie, you've officially made it to celebrity status! :) I can I get your autograph?

I am betting Steve will agree with me but, there is just something sexy about a woman commanding a laser! ;)

Steve Clarkson
05-01-2009, 7:13 AM
Well, you've never seen ME commanding a laser!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, congrats to Jackie for getting some national exposure!

John, if you want MY autograph, I'd be happy to send you one........for ten bucks.

Dee Gallo
05-01-2009, 7:38 AM
Congratulations to Jackie for a well deserved nod of recognition! She does always have some great ideas and I for one have gratefully used many of them.

The nicest thing about Jackie's work is the combination of good design, execution and presentation. Thanks for the inspiration!

cheers, dee

Brian Robison
05-01-2009, 8:21 AM
She definitely has an artist's eye. Great job Jackie.

Belinda Barfield
05-01-2009, 9:42 AM
Congrats Jackie! I'm glad to see you get the recognition you deserve!

Phyllis Meyer
05-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Beautiful Stuff! Very cool!

I like John's words and I think I'll be engraving a sign that reads...

"A Sexy Woman Commands This Laser":D

Phyllis:)

John W. Love
05-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, you've never seen ME commanding a laser!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve, the thought of you standing there in your boxers lasering marble does send a chill down my spine, however it is more a creepy chill than a good one. :eek:

John, if you want MY autograph, I'd be happy to send you one........for ten bucks.
Yes Steve, I would love to have your autograph, especially if it is on a check for $100 written out to me! :p

Bill Cunningham
05-03-2009, 12:02 AM
I got to be on TV today... Last fall, I did some 'custom' glassware for a TV show called "Rich Bride, Poor Bride" And they came to my shop to tape the episode, and it aired today. This show is usually on one of those 'lifestyle' networks, here it's on 'slice' TV .. I haven't seen it yet, but my Daughter taped it, and said "You know dad? The camera really does add ten pounds" NOW I finally have an excuse :D

Dan Hintz
05-03-2009, 8:52 AM
I wondered whatever happened to this, Bill... just make sure no one asks how many cameras were pointed at you :eek:

Bill Cunningham
05-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I wondered whatever happened to this, Bill... just make sure no one asks how many cameras were pointed at you :eek:

Hmmmmm Must have been 5 :eek: Wouldn't it be great if just turning off life's cameras would solve that problem.. :D