PDA

View Full Version : Air filter selection

Herbert Mulqueen
04-30-2009, 8:41 AM
Got a Dyson air quality unit.

My air in the house is terrible due to so much pollen. Actually it makes the concrete walks look light green from the pine trees. Also the two large dogs and a big cat adds to the problem.

Are the choices between the jet models and the JDS models. Is there an ounce of difference between them?

Which are quieter?

Any other recommendations?

I have a family kitchen which has 9576 cu feet

rooms feeding into it are large also, and there are no doors to those rooms.

Just want air in family room to be healthy.

Thanks for any input.

Herb

Chuck Isaacson
04-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't waste your time with something like this. I would save the money and go get a HEPA filter for you furnace and turn the fan on to run all the time until the air cleans up a bit. That should do a lot better than anything that is designed for the wood shop. That is going to be your best bet.

jason lambert
04-30-2009, 1:58 PM
I aggree with chuck if you don't rent and have forced air, besides the bedrooms is really where you alos want it that is where you spend alot of your time. A air cleaner is noisy I have the jet and I even turn it off in the shop because of the noise, I wouldn't want that in the house and most of the stuff is being sturred up when you are home. There are a ton of reviews out there, I would look for some hepa type one. Although I have about 5 of the sharper image ones and I can't beleve how black the filters get and how much crap they pull out. But they will not help with large dust and pollen.

Herbert Mulqueen
04-30-2009, 7:58 PM
Any suggestions on what brand of hepa filter for a heat pump.

Thanks again and regards,

Herb

Chuck Isaacson
05-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Any suggestions on what brand of hepa filter for a heat pump.

I do believe that you can go to the BORG and find them there. If you can find them there then I would check online somewhere. I am sure that you can find them in any shape or size.

Chuck