PDA

View Full Version : HD 12V drill heads up...two types.

Rick Potter
04-30-2009, 2:35 AM
I am going to buy a compact 12V Lithium Ion drill, to keep in my truck toolbox. I looked at the Milwaukee, bought and returned the Ryobi for lack of power, and have settled on the Rigid.

Around home I use my Makita impact driver for most everything, hardly ever using the regular drill, so I started looking at the Rigid combo pack with the 12V impact driver and the drill. I went over to my rich buddies house. He has the drill and likes it a lot. We got to talking about it, and he pointed out that the kit has the old drill in it, and that the new drill was much better.

The drill in the kit goes 575 RPM, and the one they now sell alone has two speeds....300 and 1300RPM. The old one has about 120 inch pounds of torque, the new has 240.

So.....I am gonna get one before the rebate goes away in a week....the new one. It should do everything I need for occasional use.

Rick Potter

Prashun Patel
08-05-2009, 8:21 AM
Thanks for this post, Rick.
I just picked up the drill/driver kit yesterday bkz it was on sale.
I like the size and feel of this. I noticed immediately that the drill was single speed. Think I might return it for the dual speed version....

Shawn

John McCaskill
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I got the Ridgid 2 speed drill-only kit when it was on sale at HD a month or two back, and really like it a lot. I've been using it regularly, and have only needed to recharge it once. I added a couple of things to the case (couple of screwdrivers, drill bits, pliers, driver sockets, etc) and now have a handy do-all kit to carry around with me.

John

Prashun Patel
08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks John. That's exactly what I wanted it for. I've heard of chuck probs.

Honestly, at just over $100, can you really go wrong?!

Bruce Wrenn
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I own five of the Ridgid LI 12V drills. You might say I like them. Don't forget to send in your lifetime service agreement. No more having to buy replacement batteries. I have had one replaced under warranty, which Ridgid did with out any problems. Sweetest little drill I have ever owned. Most who have used one of mine, soon buy one of their own.

John McCaskill
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks John. That's exactly what I wanted it for. I've heard of chuck probs.

Honestly, at just over $100, can you really go wrong?!

Don't know about any chuck problems, and I haven't had any. Lots of torque, too. With a lifetime warranty, shouldn't be an issue.

Bruce Wrenn
08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Don't know about any chuck problems, and I haven't had any. Lots of torque, too. With a lifetime warranty, shouldn't be an issue.90 day satisfaction return, no questions asked, three year warranty, and life time service agreement. There is a difference between a service agreement and a warranty. You must register tool for service agreement with in 90 days of purchase.