PDA

View Full Version : It Came!

Jeff Ranck
04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I want to thank everyone again for all the useful information as I made my bandsaw purchase decision. I ordered the Agazzani B20 from Jesse at Eagle Tools. It finally came and here's the proof. When I talked to Jesse, he said that they had never had a saw have shipping damage. Take a look at these pictures and you can see why. It took me forever to pry my way into the shipping crate. I finally resorted to my handy Sawzall.

There is a little corrosion on the guide system (see pic) and the edges of the roller guides (see pic). I'm not sure whether to tell Jesse about it since it doesn't seem to interfere with the operation. Since I'm reworking my dust collector, I put a blade on and took a few cuts just to see it work, but nothing serious yet. I think I'm going to love this thing! Of course, I think it needs more warning stickers on it. :)

Eduard Nemirovsky
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Congratulations!!
But this is a monster:D:D:D - I you planning to scare kids with this machine?:D:D

Bruce Page
04-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats, she’s a beauty!
What is the hp?

Russ Boyd
04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Lucky guy! nice saw.

Don Williams56
04-30-2009, 9:03 AM
I bought a B20 from Jesse as well. Great saw!
Mine also has the same corrosion in the same places. Doesn't affect the operation though.

Don

Don Bullock
04-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Pardon me while I drool all over my keyboard. That's a saw that I want. I saw them at Eagle Tool when I bought me SawStop. Jesse and his group are the best! Their service and knowledge is second to none. Congratulations and enjoy.:D

Roger Jensen
04-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow, I think you're going to give that little Jet 6" jointer behind it an inferiority complex. Does he know his days are numbered?

Congrats!

Roger

Simon Dupay
05-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Fra-gile, must be Italian! congrats!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Congrats Jeff! May it serve you well!

Jeff Ranck
05-01-2009, 1:02 AM
Wow, I think you're going to give that little Jet 6" jointer behind it an inferiority complex. Does he know his days are numbered?

Congrats!

Roger

That little 6" Jet jointer was the first serious tool I ever bought. It has served really well over the years and has survived a whole lot of stuff. Like the time a pipe burst in the addition I was putting on my house and my shop ended up with a constant rain and about 6" of water from having it run over night. After tearing the jointer all down and getting all the rust off, it hummed along like a champ. There are times that I really wish I had something bigger, but not so often that I'll be looking for a replacement any time soon. Plus, after this saw, I think it will be a long while before another floor tool comes in my shop! But I'm happy with the situation.

John Bailey
05-01-2009, 1:50 AM
Jeff - you a lucky dog!!

I love bandsaws and if I was going to get one that was less than 40 yrs. old or so, well, that's the one.

Congrats and let's see some more pictures. I'd like to see close-ups of all the workings.

John

Tom Henderson2
05-01-2009, 1:54 AM
There is a little corrosion on the guide system (see pic) and the edges of the roller guides (see pic). I'm not sure whether to tell Jesse about it since it doesn't seem to interfere with the operation.

For the price of an Agazzani, it should be delivered corrosion-free. I'd see what they can do for you.

Nice looking saw.

-T

Rod Sheridan
05-01-2009, 9:13 AM
Jeff, very nice saw.

I agree with Tom, I'd contact the supplier and obtain replacements for the corroded parts.

Otherwise, if it were me, I'd look at those every time I used the saw, and it would irritate me.

Did I say very nice saw?

Regards, Rod.

Cary Falk
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
For the price of an Agazzani, it should be delivered corrosion-free. I'd see what they can do for you.

Nice looking saw.

-T

I agree. You should at lease call them and see what they will do. Let us know what they say. You apparently are not the only one with the issue so replacement parts might look the same.:eek:

Seth Poorman
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow ,and its pretty too....congrats..:)

John Thompson
05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Excellent band-saw... As for the slight corrosion I would clean it and put the saw to work.. today. The parts are steel and even if you get one without a speck of rust you will have it someday unless you spend every day babying all the steel parts. The light rust will come off and not effect anything the saw is capable of..

Now if you had gotten a stainless steel BS.. different story.. ;)

Just my opionion...

Sarge..

Jim O'Dell
05-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey! That has the same thrust, and probably guide, bearings as my baby MM has!! So yes, it must be Italian!! Enjoy! It looks like a winner. And I wouldn't worry about the discoloration either. My MM E16 has the same thing. Clean it and keep it lightly oiled or waxed. Jim.

John Hedges
05-01-2009, 1:23 PM
That's the same saw I have. You're gonna love it. It is a precision beast.

Larry Edgerton
05-01-2009, 5:59 PM
Congradulations! New tools are the next best thing........

Myk Rian
05-01-2009, 7:01 PM
WOW!! Look at all that nice plywood you got.
Oh yeah. Nice saw.

Peter Quinn
05-01-2009, 8:17 PM
I want your saw. Congrats on that. Nice machine. I guess I can see where a little corrosion could be irritating on a new machine, but I'm the type that if it doesn't affect performance, I'm usually too busy pushing wood through it like a kid with a new toy to really notice or care for very long. Looks beautiful to me.

Can you send me your saw please? No? Guess I'll keep saving for my own and live vicariously till then.