PDA

View Full Version : the Skeleton is out and alive. crituqe please

curtis rosche
04-29-2009, 8:52 PM
as many of you will remember that peice of maple that hit me in the face last year and nearly broke my nose/whole face.:rolleyes:
well i pulled that skeleton out of the closet(or at least out from under the work bench) a month or 2 ago. sorry it took so long since that first post a month ago. it took awhile for the 20+ coats of waterlox to dry. i still need to do a final steel wool. then it will be 100% done.
well it is finally finished. i am so glad that i didnt throw this peice away. it is amazing the way this grain looks. if only you could see it in person.
i tried to post a picture from each side of the bowl to show the grain, so what do you think?

curtis rosche
04-29-2009, 8:53 PM
here are the rest of the pictures.
the link is the the picture of the peice before i started to return it. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=107290
it weighed about 25lbs. it has burl and spulting and curl, you should see it in person.

alex carey
04-29-2009, 9:48 PM
Looks quite good, lot of inclusion going on in that piece.

Steve Schlumpf
04-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Curtis - looks like it was worth the effort! Beautiful wood! Nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Looks good Curtis. 20+ coats. Wow. I normally use 3 sometimes maybe 4.

curtis rosche
04-30-2009, 6:43 AM
well, the extra coats were mainly to help harden up the one soft spot. it was dull while the rest of the bowl was shiny. so i just kept putting on coats. this is the first peice i used my vacuum chuck on