PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Anodized Wristband.

Anthony Welch
04-29-2009, 5:35 PM
I have a customer wanting me to engrave an anodized wristband. Due to TOS I can't post the website she found these on. They are flat and anodized front, back and edges, engraved and then bent to shape. Anyone know of such animal available to us including the bender.

Thanks
Anthony

Dan Hintz
04-29-2009, 7:23 PM
I think you're safe posting someone else's website, it's your own that's an issue...

Anthony Welch
04-30-2009, 4:42 PM
Wasn't hard to find, but the retail web site is of a member of SMC, which still may be a TOS violation and I don't feel comfortable challenging it anyway. If no response, I'll e-mail him and ask if he'll offer the info.

It's a neat little wristband with the ability to engrave a photo or two on it.

Anthony

Steve Clarkson
04-30-2009, 5:12 PM
Well, Jim sells his LED lights and everyone knows where to find him. And I think Keith sells Corian pieces. And Mike sells his cutting grids. And there are others too. So I don't see the harm in you discussing or giving out someone else's website.

To be honest, I would rather give my business to someone on here than some guy in China. And the products sounds interesting......so I'd like to know more about it.......

Mike Null
04-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Anthony

Our rules deal with self promotion or variations which the mods deem to fit those guidelines.

One member recently decided to promote a tool that he owned simply becuase he liked it very much. We requested that he discontinue that practice.

But if you feel that listing a company here helps satisfy an inquiry then it's most likely ok. If, for example, you're thinking of Chewbarka or somebody like that then go ahead and post it.

Steve Clarkson
05-01-2009, 7:04 AM
One member recently decided to promote a tool that he owned simply becuase he liked it very much. We requested that he discontinue that practice.

See Mike........right there is a perfect example of why I don't understand the TOS........if someone likes a tool but doesn't sell them or benefits if other people buy one, how is that against the rules? Personally, I think that's one of the huge benefits of this forum.......getting other people's feedback about specific products they have bought and used.....kind of like Consumer Reports for lasering. I thought the TOS said you just can't promote your OWN website/business. Taking it to the extreme.....shouldn't that mean that we shouldn't mention products like Krylon Fusion....or even the manufacturer of our laser.

I don't mean to be argumentative, I'm seriously just asking for clarification so we know how they want the Creek to be run.

Thanks!

Dan Hintz
05-01-2009, 8:10 AM
Actually, that example confuses me too, Mike... if the guy wasn't making a profit and had no connection with the product other than he was a satisfied buyer, what was the issue?

I highly recommend the Wacom Intuos4 tablets that just came out... I don't own stock in Wacom, I don't own a retail store that sells them, I don't even know some guy's monkey's uncle that knows a guy whose friend works there. But I think that's an acceptable recommendation.

Dee Gallo
05-01-2009, 8:25 AM
The last two posts point out something that seems to contradict a large part of this forum's strength: the personal experience and real-life testing done by others help the members make informed decisions, which will be limited if people cannot give their positive opinions on various machines and materials. There is plenty of bashing going on, but nobody seems to care about that, so why curtail positive statements?

I have gotten lots of guidance from this forum which shaped my decisions to buy/try certain products/programs/equipment - is this wrong? This recent shift in policy seems arbitrary and not evenly applied.

my two cents, dee

Mike Null
05-01-2009, 9:52 AM
Well now I almost wish I hadn't posted that remark. But in this particular case the member in question chose to place his enthusiasm for the product in his signature making it seem almost like a permanent ad for this product. (We were quite sure the member would realize no gain but it was an ad)

Listing your equipment is sometimes helpful to others in answering questions but listing it in a manner that could be construed as advertising is not permitted.

We have no rules against voicing your opinion, good or bad about a product you own or have used.

Sorry to get off topic.

Scott Shepherd
05-01-2009, 9:52 AM
I'm sure one of the mod's will clear this up, but I thought the problem wasn't with a vendor, the problem was with linking to other sites. So if you just type the text of the website in like sampletext.com you are perfectly fine. It was the direct linking that I thought was a problem.

John Frazee
05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Well? What about those anodized wristbands? It sounds interesting and I would like to learn more about them. Who has them?

Mike Null
05-01-2009, 10:07 AM
In the instance I'm referring to imagine that your signature had a line that said "Cheerios, The very best Cereal". Apply that to commonly used equipment normally posted in signatures. We felt that it promoted a brand and it was removed.

We do accept paid advertising which supports the free forums. There should not be free advertising.

I'm sure the Boss will weigh in here before long with a better explanation.

So, Anthony, who has the wrist bands?

Brian J Rogalny
05-03-2009, 7:51 PM
Our rules deal with self promotion or variations which the mods deem to fit those guidelines.

But if you feel that listing a company here helps satisfy an inquiry then it's most likely ok. If, for example, you're thinking of Chewbarka or somebody like that then go ahead and post it.

In your own words you are stating the reason for his opinion this is not an advertisement. It is simply because he liked it very much.

Anthony Welch
05-03-2009, 8:56 PM
I should have thought of this before.

Here is the image of the product I'm looking for. Anyone know where I can get them. This is 3/4' x 6 3/4".

I've found 1/2" x 6 3/4"
http://www.monroespecialty.com/pow_bands/pow_bands.htm and they also wholesale Stainless steele for Cermarking. They don't have 3/4' at this time but will consider making them if there is enough request for them. Not seeing these in person, it seems the 3/4" would provide a better picture than the 1/2".

Anthony

Stephen Beckham
05-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Just got through to my POC at ID Plates in Mesquite, TX. They do have a die for cutting a 1/2" X 7".

They are considered a special order and I've got a request in for 100. I'm not sure how much they'll be, but, these will go like hotcakes around the military base. Nice find Anthony....

If you are interested, you can contact them through their website at idplates.com and request your own quote.